EVGA 780i board

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 780i motherboard just coming out is DDR2 ram. the 790 is the DDR3 version.

TBH man is a bit of a silly upgrade cos you got a top notch motherboard atm. It works be that much of an improvement really. Unless your one of these people thats a real tech freak that must have latest and has money to burn, i wouldnt upgrade yourself till nehalem comes out and the mobos to support that, also probably DDR3 will be more mainstream then.

So keep what you got and start saving abit for next year ;)

Unless you HAVE to have the best of the best out at any given time I would wait because as the need to have the features this new chipset supports it's obvious what the decision to be made is.

Unless you HAVE to have the best of the best out at any given time I would wait because as the need to have the features this new chipset supports it's obvious what the decision to be made is.

well that describes Csafong haha he upgrades like every month.. seriously... but I say go for it, unless you don't want a Yorkfield in your future

But I don't think a person who knows anything about Technology would buy a Striker Extreme anymore over a Maximus Formula

If you have a striker i wouldnt bother. My 680i just bit the dust so im going to rma it and trade it in towards a 780i, but thats because i want the newer pci-e 2.0 slots.

If you have a striker i wouldnt bother. My 680i just bit the dust so im going to rma it and trade it in towards a 780i, but thats because i want the newer pci-e 2.0 slots.
EVGA just sent me an email offering an upgrade fromt he 680i to the 780i board for a $90 fee. I jumped on that **** right away. You may want to see if that's an option you can go.

EVGA just sent me an email offering an upgrade fromt he 680i to the 780i board for a $90 fee. I jumped on that **** right away. You may want to see if that's an option you can go.

Ya i already emailed them about a possible rma/stepup yesterday. They said they would work with me on it. I'm waiting for a response to my 2nd question now. Going to pick up a cheap mobo on the way home just because i dont want to be out a machine until after christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom