Building a new computer, advise needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after switching too the quad core processor you guys dont forsee any compatability problems? Gonna stick with the MSI motherboard because it has 2 PCI - E x 16 slots incase i ever want to go Sli.

Ok guys, after much research and listning to the helpful comments posted here (Thanks guys!) here is the final build i have decided on. Can anyone please tell me if there any compatability issues? I would like this to go as smoothly as possible as i only have untill the first week of January to get this computer up and running, after that i go back to university and exams, so will be reaaal busy for a couple of weeks :( I'd rather spend my christmas holiday playing plenty of Crysis than trying to fix this machine. Here's the build.

Case - Akasa AK-ZEN-01-WH Zen White Case - No PSU

Hard Drive - Hitachi Deskstar 7K160 160GB SATA-II 8MB Cache - OEM (0Y30006)

PSU - Hiper 630w HPU-4M630 SLi Certified PSU

RAM - OcUK 2GB (2x1GB) PC2-6400C5 800MHz DDR2 Dual Channel Kit

DvD RW Pioneer DVR-115DBK 20x DVD±RW IDE Dual Layer ReWriter (Black) - OEM

Vista x64 - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic 64-Bit Edition DVD - OEM - 1Pk (66G-00660)

CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 "Energy Efficient SLACR 95W Edition" 2.40GHz (1066FSB) - Retail

Graphics card - OcUK GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - OEM

Motherboard - Abit IP35 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

only thing i would change is make the HDD seagate 7200.10 or 7200.11, you want a reliable drive
everything else looks great
i gotta check quick on the gfx card to see if you can save $100 for a better one
brb
:edit:
they're pretty evenly matched, i suggest getting a G92 GTS
Tech ARP - ED#71 : NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (G92) Benchmark Results Rev. 2.0
8800GTS 512MB (G92) vs 8800GTX OMG! - Mac Forums
Nvidia's GeForce 8800 GTS 512 MB | Tom's Hardware

Alright ya twisted me arm, i changed the hard drive too the seagate :p

Sticking with the GTX though because of the widescreen thing.

gtx will always be better for higher res due to the more memory it has. i would really stick to a 22" and get a gts G92 because ull soon realise the price leap from 22 to 24 isnt nice on the pocket.

gtx will always be better for higher res due to the more memory it has. i would really stick to a 22" and get a gts G92 because ull soon realise the price leap from 22 to 24 isnt nice on the pocket.

not just more memory but its 320 or whatever bit interface as well

I really do have my eye on that 24inch screen though. I'm a university student and after one term of watching movies/TV on a laptop screen i'm ready for something a little flasher :p

Got some 7.1 speakers ready and gonna try grab a nice sound card in the sales, so i should have a good movie set up going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom