Attention Evga 680i owners: please read

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the best argument yet.

WTF ever, man. it has nothing to do with AMD or intel.
it has to do with EVGA being a piece of **** and not taking care of their customers.
well, maybe it has to something to do with AMD/intel...cos i guarantee you that they aint changin out those mobos for nothing $$ cha ching cha ching ya know what i'm sayin.
**** intel. and **** evga, too.

EDIT:
there are quite a few resons i dont use intel. **** like this is part of it. money money money.
and just for the record, i can theoretically drop a phenom into this mobo and it will work, it just wont be recognized by the motherboard or (probably not) allow me to overclock it.
and also by the way, phenom 9500 under 2 bills on newegg. boo-yeh.

WTF ever, man. it has nothing to do with AMD or intel.
it has to do with EVGA being a piece of **** and not taking care of their customers.
well, maybe it has to something to do with AMD/intel...cos i guarantee you that they aint changin out those mobos for nothing $$ cha ching cha ching ya know what i'm sayin.
**** intel. and **** evga, too.

EDIT:
there are quite a few resons i dont use intel. **** like this is part of it. money money money.
and just for the record, i can theoretically drop a phenom into this mobo and it will work, it just wont be recognized by the motherboard or (probably not) allow me to overclock it.
and also by the way, phenom 9500 under 2 bills on newegg. boo-yeh.
If you do end-up getting a new motherboard, there's the MSI K9A2 CF and Platinum boards.
I have a Platinum board coming my way. Though, I don't exactly want to see this board (C51XEM2AA) retired.

But anyway, after doing some digging, I think eVGA is going to release a new BIOS.
But, I am pretty sure Phenom's will work on the C51XEM2AA/eVGA 590 boards, even without a BIOS update. They'll just be recognised as "unknown CPU" or something.

i would like to get a phenom board, but i dont want to use a crossfire board. i guess that is irrelevant unless i have 2 cards (i dont), but i dont want to have to switch my motherboard if i do in the future.
i may just switch to ATI/AMD(phenom) and say screw nvidia (or really EVGA) and intel.
i dont know man. i've had numerous tech support guys at EVGA tell me "no way" on the 590 sli.
i think they shot me (and every other loyal EVGA 590sli owner) the ghost.
i wrote them another email asking if 590sli AMD owners could expect the same treatment as 680i intel owners, and the answer?
the same generic, stock bull**** that i get every time. which im reading between the lines and it says to me that they aren't even going to ATTEMPT a phenom mobo, SLI or not.
i am pretty sure that the phenom can drop in, but without any kind of overclocking features availible. = pointless.
also i just realized here that my mobo wont let me lower my multiplier with my 3600. dont know why.
anyways, sorry for the hijack veedub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom