Just a few questions regarding my new PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastasauce

Baseband Member
Hello guys, I've finally completed my PC that I was asking questions about in previous threads.

The final specs:

RAM: 4GB 800 DDR2 RAM
Graphics Card: 8800GTX 768MB
Hard drive: 500GB 7200RPM
Processor: Q6600 Quad-Core Processor
Mother Board: Asus Striker Extreme Gaming Motherboard
PSU: 525W Power Source

First question: Will my computer run World of Warcraft on the highest possible setting? With at least a 60+ frame rate?

Second question: Will I be able to leave one game open and alt tab into Windows to check MSN/do some work on Word without lagging?

Third question: Will my PC be able to handle Crysis? If so on what setting?

Final question: Approx. how long until my computer becomes obsolete (or as close to as possible)?

yes, yes, yes, yes, at Maxed out on Vista but your gonna get like 30fps or so... 3 years I guess?

i hear theres a bit of a drop.. but I'd recommend going XP, because you don't have that DX10 FPS Drop you'd have with Vista, and people still say it looks the same

You gotta be more specific about some of the parts you are getting.

And IMO, the GTX is not a good investment. Go with an 512MB 8800GT or the 512MB 8800GTS G92 Revision.

And as much as I'd advocate getting a super nice motherboard like the Striker Extreme, are you really going to make use of any of the extra features like RAID, SLI, 1394/Firewire? Plus 680I board will not support any Yorkfield processors (ie. the QX9650, Q9450, etc. etc.) And the P35 chipset tends to overclock much better.

ya.. I would have told him to make the changes, but I think he already bought it... so I couldn't make suggestions

You gotta be more specific about some of the parts you are getting.

And IMO, the GTX is not a good investment. Go with an 512MB 8800GT or the 512MB 8800GTS G92 Revision.

And as much as I'd advocate getting a super nice motherboard like the Striker Extreme, are you really going to make use of any of the extra features like RAID, SLI, 1394/Firewire? Plus 680I board will not support any Yorkfield processors (ie. the QX9650, Q9450, etc. etc.) And the P35 chipset tends to overclock much better.

Well I bought the parts already actually I'm just wondering about the questions from the original post. Oh and which parts would you like me to be specific about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom