Need Advice on Graphic Card Powering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docter_Aap

Solid State Member
Hi, I've had some bad luck with an underpowered graphic card that kinda broke down because of it, since then I'm taking extra caution when it comes to hardware.

So all I wanna know, Will I be able to handle a GeForce 7600GS, 256MB, AGPx8. With my 380 Watt Powerbox? And if not, what would be its limit on graphic cards? Thansk for taking the time :)

How many amps on the 12v rail? Thats what matters when it comes to psu's and video cards. Alot of older psu's had lots of 5v amps but low 12v amps. These days anything under 25A on the 12v rail and you are going to be asking for problems.

I'm not shure about that one, don't know that much about hardware yet. Anyway I hope this ansers enough.

Input Voltage: 90 ~ 132V / 180 ~ 264V (selectable)
Input Current: 8A@115Vac / 4A@230Vac

If this doesn't anser enough, is there a way to find out what u wanna know?

Ok I think this is what u need:

DC Output:

+3.3V - 20A
+5V - 32A
+12V - 16A
-12V - 0.8A
-5V - 0.3A

so does anyone know the limit of graphic cards I can run? I'd already be happy if it is somewhere near GeForce 6 or 7 series.

For the 8600GS you will need at least a 350Watt PSU with one 12V rail rating at 18Amps or as many 12 volt rails as long as it can output 18 amps of charge.

Ok I ordered a PSU like the one at the link. It's not exactly the same but I think it's pretty similar. If I get it, how many amps on the 12V rail should I consider as acceptable? cause if it doesn't meet these minimums I can always send it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom