Good System Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure that's the guide I used.

Anyways, so here are the main parts:

Case: Holds everything together.

Power Supply: Has a bunch of connectors that connect to everything that needs power in your computer (cd/dvd drives, hard drives, Motherboard, graphics card, etc), this is the piece that plugs into the wall of your house.

Motherboard: This is the piece that looks the most complicated. It has tons of little everythings. Everything on the computer hooks to this in on way or another.

Processor: This is a little square chip. It plugs into the motherboard. It's hard to describe basically what it does, but it's a very important piece. (when people say q6600, or q9650 they are talking about the processor)

RAM: Random access memory, it's basically there to more stuff along, and to hold a little bit of data while you're switching between programs and stuff. The more you have, the more stuff you can have open, etc. The faster it is, the faster you can switch between stuff, etc. (of course this depends on loading off the Hard drive, and the processor speed and stuff too)

Graphics card: What you need to play games. Some new ones just came out. (nvidia 8800gt, and the new gts's, great value as far as I can tell). Different ones need more or less power depending. Most new decent power supplies can support all new graphics cards.

I am going to assume you know what a hard drive is, and a cd/dvd drive.

and thirdshift, who's that in your sig?

my avatar? Anne Hathaway. Jessica Alba's pregnant now. I don't like her anymore.

my.php

why not spend more money now, and spend l8r? like why not buy more stuff now?

because in the computer world new parts come out all the time and its really hard to keep up with. so say you spend some of your money now and save the rest. in 6 months you can get the top of the line video card again and it will rejuvenate your pc for a little longer. rather than spending all of it now and having the best computer for the next 6 months (or shorter seeing as how alot of new tech is projected to be released early next year)..

but you can spend alot now and spend more later as well, thats just alot of money to be throwing down.

my avatar? Anne Hathaway. Jessica Alba's pregnant now. I don't like her anymore.

my.php

lol just because she's pregnant? i didn't even realize she was... just give her 9 months.

You might want to consider ATI graphics cards as none of the X38 motherboards support sli and several support crossfire. Two HD 3870's would cost less than a single 8800 Ultra. Also Crossfire is supposed to deliver a larger increase in performance than sli. If you want sli you would need a 680i motherboard and they do not support the new 45nm Yorkfield quad cores

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100215L Radeon HD 3870 512MB 256-bit GDDR4 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

Yeah the 680i's do have that draw back.

However personally I think dual cards is a waste of money compared to the scaling you get. The money would do better elsewhere like saving for a penryn so you can grab one up, or getting better ram etc.

With an 8800gtx or ultra you will be doing just fine on crysis with one, the second wont get you much further and the extra $400 will hurt.

Drizzt: gaming mouse-pad.....are you kidding me?
good gaming mouses are the G7, Revolution, and Razor Diamondback

Actually they are really comfortable and better then just on any surface... and take them to lans to avoid getting your mouse screwd up on some grimey surface, lol.

I agree with mouse choices. Once again personal preference when it comes to mouses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom