Going to break something soon....

Status
Not open for further replies.
you veed, what are your ram timings set at?
i god a bsod when it was at 4 4 4 12, but then it was fine when it was at 5 5 5 15.

sorry for hi-jack but yes how do you flash bios to a higher version if u just built a custom comp and it doesnt have flash disk,drive

Not sure if this may have been answered yet, or if anyone will agree, but Vista will nearly fill all of the physical RAM up and then start on the pagefile. That is probably why Vista will BSOD with those sticks and XP wont, xp usualy wont load everything it can into the physical RAM. So you can probably see why Vista is crashing more with the 3 or 4 sticks than what XP would be.

EDIT: BTW, try running Memtest 86+ or vistas Memtest program (they are actualy the same program I think). Let it run for a good 24hours in a normal enviroment. This way you can really make sure it IS the ram... Better than trying to flash a bios and possibly ****ing up.

I'm really starting to think its the board that has the problem. Because i had issues with running 4 sticks of memory before i switched to my tracers. Now i cant even boot, i get a post error and 7F displays on the little led on the board.

Oh, my scythe sflex was the first victim. It just refused to stay mounted to the TRUE and got hucked against the wall. It now lays in about 100 pieces.
*rip*

Nah the fan wasnt broken, it sadly was just what was in my hand when i hit the point of SOMETHING MUST DIE. After having it fall off the heatsink 3 times that night i had had enough.

Friends dont let friends drink and compute.

hey veedub, for some reason ive been having random bsods, even after running my bios default, its frustrating me too now.

Hey guess what....Evga is letting people with 680i boards step up to 780i boards for 90 bucks. Guess what i'll be doing soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom