So wheres the info on the Nvidia 9 series???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should expect them in February...

See, the way I see things, the G92 GT and GTS should really in fact be the mid-range 9 Series. First, because of the new G92 core, PCI-E 2.0 support and DX10.1. I think those are enough extra features to warrant a jump to a new series. The fact that they stuck these cards into the 8 Series is rather confusing. Imagine the average customer having to chose between a 512MB GTS and a 640MB GTS... or an 8800GT vs an 8800GTX... it's quite confusing because the names aren't very indicative of the true performance. The pricing does also not represent the performance as well in a proportional fashion.

From my point of view, the 9 Series has already launched with an array of mid-range cards (8800GT and 8800GTS G92), now we need the flagships to come in, which as usual, will cost a heck of a lot more money, but it will clean up that awkward gap in price/performance that we currently see with the G92s and the GTX/Ultra.

This is probably why Nvidia wants to release the 9 Series in February. We might see the mid-range solutions later on, probably in March or April.

I hope this is true, because i have no plans of spendin more money on a 9 series card. If anything, ill pick up another 8800gt along with an sli mobo, and run an sli setup.

problaly released next fiscal year,around Marchish. you know to make sales look good and stock prices go up, just in case of a flop

Does this mean the price won't go down so much on the 8800 gt's but rather a significant price decrease on the GTX and Ultras?

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I think the upper-mid-range 9 Series in the $250-$350 range will destroy the 8800GT and G92-GTS, but they will come much later on than February. So at this point and time, there is no reason to regret your purchase of an 8800GT or 8800GTS G92.

better comes in feb since i bought the gts 512 on launch date(regretting horribly) and was lookin forward to stepping up(god better by on my side with their pricing). so anywhere after march 12...imma kick my comp.

It is strange that they stuck with the 8 series for thier new cards though. I mean, as said, a gts 512 is better than a gt, but a gt is better than a gts 640?!?!??!?! that makes no sense to someone that doesn't know much about computers.

512bit memory bus? Wow these cards are gonna be beasts, i can imagine it now. XFX Geforce 9800GT 640mb Extreme Edition....."drools"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom