Help ocing 7950 gx2

Status
Not open for further replies.
well mine hit 92c and then froze and shut down, i put everything back to normal im afraid, wat should i set it to?

when it hit 92 it was at
Core 552.00
Memory 808.3

It didn't reboot because of the temp...It rebooted because ATiTool had found the max stable settings. I'm guessing anyway. When you opened atitool after the reboot, did it say something like: The last stable speeds were XXX, and XXX? If it said that, then those are your maxes, and that's the reason it shut down. Because it crashed - not because of the temps.

no it didnt say anything, but im using forceware 169.21, i tried ntune coarse tuning didnt do 2 well so ill try to use it manually wat should i set the stuff 2 manually? and wat temps should be considered safe?

if doing so manually, you should raise in increments of 5-10 mhz at a time, then run a little stress test such as 3dmark06 or something like that to see if its stable.. or maybe play a graphically demanding game for 15 min or so

that could be part of it. 70C is pretty hot... why is your room so hot? also if you can afford it, some aftermarket cooling might be a good idea

Ill try to get some extra third party cooling, as for my room being so hot its because im a hawaiian living in canada! selff explanitory

I tried OCing my 7950gx2, DONT do it. It runs WAY too hot for its own good. I ran it OCed for a few days, and had to revert it back..
Check toms hardware for overclocks..

but seriously.. that card is too hot to begin with.

P.s there is no aftermarket cooling, asides from the water cooling block.

I attached two 120mm fans to my card, and it still idled about 40C

dang yea ive had no real luck ocing the card without it going from like 70C to 85-86C super fast maybe ill go for ocing my processor....dang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom