BIOSTAR TF7025 Mobo
Gskills 2x1gb RAM
AMD 64x2 4000+ CPU
evga 7900gs
WD 160gig
crap monitor
crap psu

Basically built it off a 2002ish Compaq

only kinda into gaming but I have a clothing company so im more into cs3 and production software.

If I dont start from scratch my next upgrades are:
New heatsink&fan
New 19" widescrean
New case (more than likely a cm-690)
New powersupply (500w+ w/ modular cables)
ext

what does he need 600watts for, hes not running much and hes not ocing alot so why would he need the tuniq. I would say just get the monitor and if you want get the mobo. You don't really need it if your not doing any demanding gaming.

well my powersupply doesnt ever have the 4pin needed for the graphics card so thats a must

if you want a new psu go with a 450 to 500, you don't need anymore than that. and why do you need better cooling, are you having problems with temps right now, if so by all means upgrade to the tuniq but if not theres no reason to

if you want a new psu go with a 450 to 500, you don't need anymore than that. and why do you need better cooling, are you having problems with temps right now, if so by all means upgrade to the tuniq but if not theres no reason to

stop being a troll dude. honestly why start at the bottom and work up, either way someday it will be needed, the 7k series were really hot. and than the 8k series run even hotter, so I'm sure down the line cooling systems will be needed. and as far as the PSU, yea 660 watts is needed to keep running everything the 8k series need alot of power. sorry to bust your bubble but that 660 watts will run that computer for a while. no offense.

Better to have juice to spare than not have it when you need it. besides, if you go with a new case you would want to put a new PSU in it.

Definitely go with an aftermarket cooler. no need to spend a fortune on it, but most will be better than stock and you will need it to help keep your CPU cool... especially if you start to OC with the new mobo.

Better to have juice to spare than not have it when you need it. besides, if you go with a new case you would want to put a new PSU in it.

Definitely go with an aftermarket cooler. no need to spend a fortune on it, but most will be better than stock and you will need it to help keep your CPU cool... especially if you start to OC with the new mobo.

agreed....thats why i reccomended the tuniq.

what if the Tuniq doesn't fit his old case, a good recommendation is the Arctic Freezer64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom