Routing my soon to be new build...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpks00

Baseband Member
Ok, I want to use this router
Newegg.com - LINKSYS WRT54GL IEEE 802.3/3u, IEEE 802.11b/g Wireless-G Broadband Router - Retail
with my new up and coming build:

Motherboard:
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
CD Drive:
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - OEM
Case:
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-WW Black/Silver Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
HDD:
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Monitor:
Newegg.com - CHIMEI CMV 221D-NBC Black 22" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 330 cd/m2 800:1 - Retail
GFX Card:
Newegg.com - MSI RX3850-T2D256E OC Radeon HD 3850 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
Speakers:
Newegg.com - JBL DUETAL 12 Watts 2.0 Speaker - Retail
Keyboard + Mouse:
Newegg.com - Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 B2L-00047 Black 105 Normal Keys 9 Function Keys USB Ergonomics Keyboard Mouse Included - OEM
RAM:
Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Processor:
Newegg.com - Intel Pentium E2180 Allendale 2.0GHz 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail
PSU:
Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE ST50F ATX12V 500W Power Supply 100 - 240 V cUL, CE, TUV, CCC, FCC - Retail

with my old computer (which I am currently using), and my mother's laptop. Would all of this be possible? And if so can someone explain the steps to me please?

My computer will be in my bedroom, the old in the living room, and my moms laptop of course all around the house.

Edit: will usinga router lower my computer speed, or internet speed? Just wondering.

Using a router will neither lower computer or internet speed.
You need to put the router in a place around the middle of the house.
Then you need to run ethernet cable from the router to your two computers and set up wireless for the laptop. That router come with SES, which is a step-by-step program that sets up your internet, both cable and wireless.

What type of internet do you use? When you get the router, you should just plug it in, connect the cables, and it should be plug-and-play.

Great, you just need to run the ethernet from the cable modem to the router. The instructions that come with the router should explain all that.

heads up might wanna get a Faster router, 108 not 54 or mabye a wireless N router, their faster and pretty much same price. although internet doesn't get that fast, just good to futureproof and the most out of what u can

Care to point out a better one? This is my first time building a pc and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom