Card recommendations? Something to upgrade from my X1900XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
he only has one card...

and its only on regular high w/ 1280x1024.... i never play below 1680x1050... i get angry i can't play at my native res of 1920x1200... well i can on normal high, and it definitely gets rid of the need of AA

i don't like to base the game off of that test.. because certain parts of the game are far more demanding than others

and i just plain don't like playing on regular high.. i play on xp modded very high.. and the very end of the game.. ran like utter crap.. that scene is just amazing

i'm thinking of SLi'd GTX soon.. so screw your 3870 crossfire.. i'll eats ya for breakfast ;)

Ahh but I'm sure you paid over 3 times what I paid for a 3850.

TBH from what I've seen CF 3870s have outperformed GTX cards at lower resolutions like 1440x900 and 1280x1024...but once you go for uber high resolutions the GTX still takes the cake after all this time.

btw here's another run ;)
temptemptempct4.jpg

Ahh but I'm sure you paid over 3 times what I paid for a 3850.

TBH from what I've seen CF 3870s have outperformed GTX cards at lower resolutions like 1440x900 and 1280x1024...but once you go for uber high resolutions the GTX still takes the cake after all this time.

btw here's another run ;)
temptemptempct4.jpg

and i had no problem spending 400 on my card ;) as its 1 of the only that will play games w/ heaps of AA on 1920x1200... and once i have GTX SLi, ain't not 3870's gonna touch me in high res crysis!

my old 2900pro couldnt touch what this gtx could do

as its 1 of the only that will play games w/ heaps of AA on 1920x1200...

yeah, and will be for much of the foreseeable future.

What program is that? Link? And what program do you guys use to Benchmark all your games? Links? Thanks

Crysis Benchmark Tool 1.05 Final download from Guru3D.com

As for other games...it depends on the game. THere's a UT3 benchmark tool....and I made a custom timedemo to benchmark COD4 using fraps....

yeah, and IMO crysis multiplayer isn't very fun...so once you've finished the game what need do you have for dual cards...other than for e-peen status of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom