New PC! Please make sure it's all good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
get a seagate drive instead of Western Digital as they tend to be higher quality

and your thinking of the 7200.11 series which only comes in 500gb and 1tb

everything else looks great, what mobo do you plan to use

You're missing stuff such as motherboard and RAM.

Newegg doesn't garauntee the G0 version of the Q6600. If you order from them, chances are you'll get G0, but not for sure. If you want a 100% G0 Q6600, you'll have to order from ClubIT.

The 7200.11 is a Seagate drive, and the smallest one is 500GB. Western Digital is good too, and odds are you'll be fine with a 16MB cache drive, but if you want the big and bad 32MB you'll be needing the Seagate 7200.11 drive.

Everything looks good though...

Mobo added, RAM I already have which is...hmm lemme find it...K, added.

Should I order from ClubIT??? Is there any downside?
Thanks!

Also, what's the deal with OEM vs. Retail? I know OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer, but what other manufacturer would there be :S?

If you order Retail, you get a pretty box and sometimes a few extras. For example, if you order a Processor Retail you get a heatsink and fan for it also. If you order it OEM, you usually just get the processor itself.

In terms of OEM and Retail Windows, OEM can only be activated on one machine, where as Retail can be activated on three different ones (though not at the same time).

If you order Retail, you get a pretty box and sometimes a few extras. For example, if you order a Processor Retail you get a heatsink and fan for it also. If you order it OEM, you usually just get the processor itself.

In terms of OEM and Retail Windows, OEM can only be activated on one machine, where as Retail can be activated on three different ones (though not at the same time).

Hm...okay. So I don't need retail because of the Tuniq Tower right?

And ClubIT's good too?

Correct, you'd be fine with an OEM processor.

... and I've never heard of complaints about ClubIT, though I've never used them myself...

Correct, you'd be fine with an OEM processor.

... and I've never heard of complaints about ClubIT, though I've never used them myself...

Cool, thanks.

And ClubIT's is $20 cheaper AND has the assured G0 stepping...So I think I'll go with them. Any other opinions?

clubIT let me return my psu cuz it was dead, i also got z-5300e set for $50 after MIR
thats the build i would have bought had i a little more $$
your getting a seagate right?

clubIT let me return my psu cuz it was dead, i also got z-5300e set for $50 after MIR
thats the build i would have bought had i a little more $$
your getting a seagate right?

Should I? Is the 32 MB cache or whatever worth the price (of which I don't know)?

EDIT: It looks like some people on Newegg are having problems with this drive...Is that problem gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom