Better PC: What to improve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok.. what I'm saying is, you can't combine the speeds, yes a Dual-Core 2.1ghz Processor is faster than a Single Core 2.1ghz CPU, that doesn't mean that the dual-core version acts like a 4.2ghz Single Core

ok.. what I'm saying is, you can't combine the speeds, yes a Dual-Core 2.1ghz Processor is faster than a Single Core 2.1ghz CPU, that doesn't mean that the dual-core version acts like a 4.2ghz Single Core

i wouldnt say faster, but it can run more applications at 1 time... the only way it'll be faster is if its a multi-threaded program...

but to keep things simlple.. for the most case.. yes, yes its faster

i wouldnt say faster, but it can run more applications at 1 time... the only way it'll be faster is if its a multi-threaded program...

but to keep things simlple.. for the most case.. yes, yes its faster

lol.. nitpicker xD

I was in the exact same situation when I first came to this forum, and i Had the exact same budget...

Brisbane/t-force combos are cheap, brisbanes can be overclocked (I have mine at 2.85) ..Because you already have a monitor/case and whatnot you can have a faster PC for $250 easily.

Hahaha, ok, more efficient, got it.

Thanks LeftEyeBlind, it's encouraging to know that someone else has been there and made it.

So I think I've made up my mind. After hours of thinking and comparing, I think I'll go with the motherboard+processor for now. That should be enough to at least run Half-Life 2 smoothly, and it will allow me to run more programs (SSE2, SSE3, thank you). After that, I'll try to sell my old stuff (old processor, old motherboard and my current RAM stick 512 MB DDR) to get 1 or 2 (according to how much cash I get) 1GB Kingston DDR2 sticks (I've already checked and they should work with the new motherboard). Once I have that, I should be able to game myself to death :p .

Well, thanks a lot guys! You've been really helpful, if I make all of this come true I'll let you know :D .

heh, I came here not wanting to spend more then $400...

$850 later I have the system you see in my signature being created.

I know how you feel, I came here looking to learn to OC, and now I am buying and selling parts, talking about upgrading every time a new part comes out, and changing out parts... I am finally looking to try to build a piece of crap CP, and OC the heck out of it, with money from working over break. OCing is addicting as crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom