Amd 4200+ Oc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sl4ppinb4ss3r

Solid State Member
Hey guys, i would like to get into over clocking but i dont have the slightest idea how. first ill post my comp specs and maybe you guys can help me out with what i can do.

Athlon amd 4200+ dual core processor
Nvidia 7950GT KO 512meg video card
Asus M2N-E motherboard
Enermax 500w psu
4x1g Corsair ram
Apevia X-Discovery case
thats pretty much it. My computer when playing games doesnt run at higher temp then 87F and when browsing/chilling its at 84F. This is with the stock cpu cooler. Ive ordered myself a Zalman CNPS8700 NT ( http://www.zalman.co.kr/upload/product/8700NT_f_p.jpg )
and two case fans. So it should get relatively cooler in there.

So yeah i would pretty much like to get into OCing my CPU. i asked my friend and he explained some parts to me but all i managed to get a grasp on was this GPU stuff. and even then i didnt really understand it ha. Is there a program that can help me OC my processor without blowing stuff up?

Thanks!

i believe there are some programs that will oc your processor but it isn't the way to go, it isn't as refined and more dangerous. but oc'ing isn't very hard, nor is it dangerous as long as you have an idea of what your doing, and don't skip steps or try and do too much.

ok, first go into your BIOS, search for something called, Frequency/Voltage Controls or something, then increase the FSB in 5-10 Increments, Stress Test, if its unstable increase Voltage, then Stress Test again, overclock more if you want to... then keep repeating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom