(G92)8800GTS Hits the Egg HURRY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GT doesnt run cooler, in fact, its quiet the opposite.

But yeah, the GTS is fugly :(

Odd .. mines running at 700/2000, at 50 degrees C, while running two games and other apps. I'd consider that cool considering the clocks are pretty much matching, or better, than a GTS. My point is, for nearly the same performance, save your money for the 9 series this february. I was thinking that upgrading to this 8800GT would almost be a waste seeing as it's only a few months off, but to each his own .. and own bank account.

I like how everybody complains that the graphic on this card is ugly. Even though they will slap it in their rigs and never see the face of it again. I'd pay for an ugly card that performs any day.

I like how everybody complains that the graphic on this card is ugly. Even though they will slap it in their rigs and never see the face of it again. I'd pay for an ugly card that performs any day.

Well when theres a better looking card thats exactly the same, it does matter. Its like evga just threw a sticker on at the very last minute and didnt even try. Theyre superclocked card looks good.

I still would just buy an 8800GT....better price/performance value and its not much slower but oh well i guess it still is faster and it's their money

Right now the difference between a GT and a GTS (In stock, not talking MSRP) is only around 60-70 dollars. For that you get extra shaders and a better cooler. Maybe later on down the road when a GT is 200 and a GTS is 300, I'd agree.

Right now the difference between a GT and a GTS (In stock, not talking MSRP) is only around 60-70 dollars. For that you get extra shaders and a better cooler. Maybe later on down the road when a GT is 200 and a GTS is 300, I'd agree.

and If you are interested in OCing it, then the bigger cooler is a big plus. I would def pick up a GTS over a GT. Sell it later if you want the 9 series.

Well when theres a better looking card thats exactly the same, it does matter. Its like evga just threw a sticker on at the very last minute and didnt even try. Theyre superclocked card looks good.

I'm not sure what you mean by "their superclocked card looks good." Are you referring to the 8800GT? Because I haven't ever seen any Superclocked G92 GTS from Evga on newegg. And even if say...the XFX G92 GTS is prettier, I'd still rather pay the same for the same card by Evga, which seems to always honor their word and has great ratings.

Hardware Canucks (Canadian site) have a great review for the XFX 8800GTS. They were able to overclock it to 820/2234 on stock cooling and almost hit 16000 3DMarks. Impressive. I can get one here for less than $350 and it comes with a full copy of Company of Heroes, which is a good deal if you don't have the game.

Their only complaint was when they removed the cooling and found the copper heatsink covering the gpu was poor in quality.

Here's the link:XFX 8800GTS 512MB (G92) Alpha Dog Edition Review - Hardware Canucks

I'm not sure what you mean by "their superclocked card looks good." Are you referring to the 8800GT? Because I haven't ever seen any Superclocked G92 GTS from Evga on newegg. And even if say...the XFX G92 GTS is prettier, I'd still rather pay the same for the same card by Evga, which seems to always honor their word and has great ratings.

Yeah i meant the 8800gt. Xfx has been good to me, i guess everyone has a different experience.
I wouldint say its "prettier", just more ascetically apealling .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom