Ram speed difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapperX

Putting the X in Sapper
Alright I am upgrading my computer to AM2 with a 8800gt and a 6000+, but I plan on using my old 3200 ram for a while. How much speed increase can I expect if I change it out for some crucial 6400 ram? Is it worth the $$?

It's not backwards compatible? Well son of a liar, I hate "experts". Looks like I need to save some money.

ya, pc3200 = ddr1
You'll need to buy some ddr2.

Good news at least, ddr2 memory is dirt cheap right now.

Meh, happens to the best of us. Unless you deal with this stuff everyday you arent going to konw everything. For the record, never listen to any so called "expert" that works for a retail chain. They're usually high school kids that dont know their *** from their elbow.

Meh, happens to the best of us. Unless you deal with this stuff everyday you arent going to konw everything. For the record, never listen to any so called "expert" that works for a retail chain. They're usually high school kids that dont know their *** from their elbow.

actually some of them may know it, but most likely they're not. I mean, y work in that section when u dont know about it?

my bro works in Home Theater in Circuit City n knows more about TVs then i do but i do know some things he doesnt know. I had a good talk with a guy about what 'Game Mode' was n how it was different n my brother didnt even know, not even that u can update the software of ur HDTVs nowadays lol.

:(

HEY!! Whats wrong with high school kids?

lol. poor you. when i got my first computer, i was allowed to spend 1000 bucks on it, and we did a customized compaq at circuit city, and the only thing i wanted to do was game, and i told the guy that, and he gave me 32mb onboard nvidia gfx.

but i got them back, i went off for 10 minutes a year ago about the mx518 and if they had any, and they didn't know what i was talking about. the guy was like let me check if we have any, and he went and got his manager to help me. lol /fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom