Need help building a new gaming comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about cyrsis (the reason im so obssesed about this game is that i see it as a benchmark of what the games next year will need to run well)?

Forget it, all cards have trouble with crysis. Even sli 8800gtx's. In my opinion, crysis should have came out next year, because the hardware to run it the way we like just isnt there.

Forget it, all cards have trouble with crysis. Even sli 8800gtx's. In my opinion, crysis should have came out next year, because the hardware to run it the way we like just isnt there.

good point.

Would a 8800 GTS with 640mb of mem and 320bit interface give me much improvement for the money. The clock speed is slower, but does the extra memory and the faster interface make up for that, or is the 800 Gt with 512 and 256 bit better?

oh and last thing (i hope =p ) does the crucial memory make a difference or can i safely put in and overclock with the G.Skill memory because for the price i can put in 4gb of the G.Skill vs. the 2gb of the Crucial.

good point.

Would a 8800 GTS with 640mb of mem and 320bit interface give me much improvement for the money. The clock speed is slower, but does the extra memory and the faster interface make up for that, or is the 800 Gt with 512 and 256 bit better?

The 8800gt 256mb/512mb is a more powerful card than the old 8800gts 320mb/640mb (g80). The new 8800gts 512mb (g92) is more powerful, only slightly. Also uses less power.

go with the crucial it has d9 microns which are preaty much the best u can get to oc, only the g-skill hz's have the d9 and are even more then the crucial, so go with the crucial ram, as 4gb is still preaty useless.

go with the crucial it has d9 microns which are preaty much the best u can get to oc, only the g-skill hz's have the d9 and are even more then the crucial, so go with the crucial ram, as 4gb is still preaty useless.

Single-sided chips? I know my ram uses single sided micron chips, but im not sure which ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom