should i get this two 4 pin molex to one 8 pin cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
i just found out that i need this so i can support the upcoming HD 3870 x2:

Cable convert two 4 pin Molex to one EPS 8 pin New - (eBay item 220014387652 end time Dec-28-07 18:28:04 PST)

i need it for this PSU i want to get:

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 520W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail

i thought i could use this one but this PSU only comes with one 4 pin, which i need for my mobo, MSI K9A2 Platinum, which i just got recently:

Newegg.com - APEVIA 9.5" 4 Pin P4 /12V to 8 Pin P8 /12V Power Supply Converter Cable Model CVT48 - Retail

Newegg.com - MSI K9A2 Platinum AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

i want 2 of the 4 pin molex to 8 pin cables so i can get 2 HD 3870 x2's. Should i buy this now, or one when i get the HD 3870 x2 when it comes out, or try to get it somewhere else?

****, didnt know any cards used that connector yet, my bad. Now i know why my psu has one lol. Maybe corsair can supply you with an 8pin cable you can connect to psu, so you wont have to split anything.

****, didnt know any cards used that connector yet, my bad. Now i know why my psu has one lol. Maybe corsair can supply you with an 8pin cable you can connect to psu, so you wont have to split anything.

the HD 2900 XT supports one 8pin n one 6pin too.

i can try calling Corsair, but idk.

the card most likeky comes with the adapter my 7950 has the 2 molex to 6 pin, i always wonderd what the 2 8 pin conectors where for on my psu now i kno.

i hope ur right, or im gonna be so ****ed

Im not familiar with ati, no wonder. Last ati card i had was a super powerful 32mb radeon 7000. (Lmao)

oops, i meant that the HD 2900 XT supports 8pin only, not 6pin.

when there released just try and find a review to see if it comes with it, if not order the cord, or adapter at the same time, try and get a 6 pin to 8 pin adapter as on my psu one rail is dedicated to 2 6 pins and one 8 so since u dont have a 8 pin im betting one of your 12v rails is gpu dedicated, so by buying a molex to 8 pin adapter youl be puting more stress on the other 12v rails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom