How si this memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kangaroo said:
Well if it was me buying the system I usually go for the most advanced motherboard to start with and then if I don't have the money (which is usually :)) I buy the slowest of everything, giving me the option to upgrade later.

You would stand more chance selling a Athlon 64-bit 3000+ than a Athlon XP3200+, they are about the same price.

Well I am really considering the athlon 64 3200 ( I might go with the 3000 though not sure), but then what mobo do I need and should I get for those processors? My other question is... what is better: the athlon 64 3200 or 3000 without dual channel since they dont support it or athlon xp 3200 with dual channel? And if I don't get dual channel should I still get 2 x 512's insteand of one stick thats 1 gb? And my last question is: what memory should I go for the 64 bit processors? Pc what? and ddr what?

thanks

go with the nForce2 mobo, go withe 2 512's(it'll run better i think), don't go ddr2 yet, it's new and i would wait. hope that helped you out.

compy said:
go with the nForce2 mobo, go withe 2 512's(it'll run better i think), don't go ddr2 yet, it's new and i would wait. hope that helped you out.

Well I'm not sure if the mobo I said I was going to get in the first post of this thread will work with the 64 3200+. And I want to know if the 64 3200+ is better then the xp 3200+ even though you can't use dual channel. And the last thing is what Pc (ex. 3200) and ddr (example 400) I need for the memory If I use the 64 3200+. Thanks

in time the 64 will be better. but i'm holding off on that untill the os comes out, more like a half a year after it comes out. sorry but i can't help you with the ram, not very good at that one...guess i better start learning about ram becasue i realy haven't taken the time. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom