Going to break something soon....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My board has 3 pci-e slots. I'm running my 8800gt cards in the 2 16x slots and my old 1650pro in my 4x slot. If the memory was faulty, wouldnt i be crashing on my xp partition too? **** YOU BILLGATES.

My board has 3 pci-e slots. I'm running my 8800gt cards in the 2 16x slots and my old 1650pro in my 4x slot. If the memory was faulty, wouldnt i be crashing on my xp partition too? **** YOU BILLGATES.

hmmm, your right.
i use to get random bsods and i didnt know why, but after reformatting my pc, re setting cmos everything was fine.
although the ram part doesnt make sense, unless 64 bit is having problems with reading the 4th gb of ram.

Well, it seems you have tried most everything I would have suggested.
But just in case you didn't try this.
Have you tried different memory?
Have you tried to flashing the BIOS? or is it already up to date.

Have you considered RMAing the motherboard and or RAM?

It is ashame but sometimes it happens. Took me seven CMOS clears and heatsink reseats on the new board until it even POSTed successfully.
Course that was probably somehow in part to the amount of static produced when I lapped the processor. But whatever, it works now..

Like i said earlier, if the memory was the issue it would show up when running xp. As to the board, wouldnt i also have issues in xp also? I havent updated the bios to see if thats a problem.

Like i said earlier, if the memory was the issue it would show up when running xp. As to the board, wouldnt i also have issues in xp also? I havent updated the bios to see if thats a problem.

you do know that computers have the wierdest of problems.
so try the bios update and then check to see if it works.

Maybe, but at this point, you have tried everything else right? So you have little to lose..

I have never actually flashed a bios. I've always been paranoid about ruining the board due to it not working right. Whats the safest way to do it anyway. Just use a flash drive?

I have never actually flashed a bios. I've always been paranoid about ruining the board due to it not working right. Whats the safest way to do it anyway. Just use a flash drive?

if you have a floppy disk use that, otherwise fflash drive should be fine.
Although i flashed my upstairs pc with a software and it worked that way and it hasnt given me any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom