Overclocking my x2 6400+

Status
Not open for further replies.
ha. oh yeah. i meant 2.6. haha. oopsies!

its been a week since i've had a working rig :( but yeah i can hit 2.6 on stock voltage. but im looking to get a biostar tforce550. is it worth the 70 bucks or should i get a different board?

mine was an open box one the 5500se, which is the newer edition. I got it from newegg for $35, but mien came with the box and all the cables and everyhting, I actually think they accidentaly sent me a new one lol, because it looks unopened, but yeah it's a great motherboard with great OCing possibilities. many options and lots of features in bios. It's been pretty stable too and I really like mine.

does my cpu just naturally run at high voltages, because it says 1.4v stock, but even on stock speeds (3.2ghz) it says like 1.55v in cpu id?
voltage sensors on motherboards are not always accurate. In fact, usually they're not.

When I set my voltage to 1.2V, CPU-Z tells me it's about 1.1V

My motherboard is a Foxconn C51XEM2AA Nforce 590 SLI board

*edit*
oh yeah, what are the ambient temperatures like where you live, BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL?
Over here, it's the beginning of summer.

ha, its just starting to hit winter here in new england, -2F and an expected 12 inches + of snow tonight. but thats me, i believe bigylilupdamidl lives out in cali area so it will be 40's-50's or a little warmer.

apok, what's a good board like under 120-130, preferably under 100 but I can go a bit higher, that will oc really well and atleast have all the options i would want. also being able to xfire would be nice. im not a mobo guy personally..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom