Overclocking my x2 6400+

Status
Not open for further replies.
wooo dogeee my 4200 would get really...i mean like, really...hot anything over 1.6V.
25C is a good idle temp though, i notch up the voltage a tad and see what happens. watch that temp under load.

I like my watercooling.

I can push my 6000+ to 1.725V; at 100% load, core #0 won't break 50ºC, and core #1 will be in the low 40's (according to Core Temp)

but so far I haven't been able to run 3dmark06 at 3.5GHZ yet. Might need to burn in a bit longer.
it's done a full run at 3465MHZ though (and I broke 12K! CPU score: 2639)

It's fully prime95 stable at 1.575V, 3.4GHZ

*edit*
I've also got it prime95 stable at 3465MHZ, 1.625V

So it doesn't matter how high i raise the voltage right, as long as the temps are okay?
well, yes, it does. If you put the voltage too high, there's a chance it could damage something. Even if the temperatures are fine.

I think my CPU can go further than 1.725V without overheating, but I am weary of pushing it even that far.

*edit*
Whenever I increase the core voltage past about 1.6V, I always increase the HTT CPU <-> SPP voltage, to prevent there from being too much voltage difference between the CPU and HTT bus
if there is too much difference in the voltages, I think it can damage the memory controller (which is on the CPU die, in AMD's case).
what setup do you have?
http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/case-layout-150172/

Swiftech MCP655
Swiftech Apogee GT with AM2 plate
Thermochill PA120.3 radiator, with 3 x 120mm fans (1200RPM)
AC Ryan 120.3 Rad Grill
Danger Den fillport
Clearflex tubing (1/2" ID)

probably spent over $500 AUD on it.
That's not including the case, which I picked and modded specifically for the gear I have (and cost me about $350 AUD, plus about $50 for the perspex, and about $50 for the eight 120mm fans)

But IMO, the result is priceless.
And I can still use the case and water cooling kit for future hardware

ok so in increased voltages, but didn't touch the overclocking speeds, and now it can run prime 95 stable with no errors. I ran it for about 4 hours last night though. Now my main concern though is what you said apokolipse. I just dont want to increase the voltages too high. But the settings on my motherboard its weird, no matter where i set the voltages to, it always goes a little above it. For example, right now i have it set to 1.55v, but in cpu id and my monitor it says the voltage is like 1.65v. So basically what voltage is the max i shouldn't try to pass. I think i might be able to get 3.6ghz with 1.65v. if i lower my ram and htt. Here's my recent screen shot:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d95/airblue7/voltages.jpg

ok so i have it at 3.5ghz, and its at 1.65v, this is the farthest i can really get, but prime 95 still has it unstable, and i dont know if i want to raise the voltage to over 1.7v just to keep it stable at 3.5ghz, so i think im just going to leave it stable at 3.45ghz at 1.6v

My 6000+ can get to 3465MHZ prime95 stable at about 1.575V, but it also doesn't seem to want to stay 100% stable at 3.5GHZ

What I'm going to do is try burning-in the CPU for a while, to see if I can at least do a run of 3dmark06 at 3.5GHZ
Basically, that means undervolting it, and running it at 100% load for hours.

I've been able to get the thing running at 3060MHZ, at 1.2V stable in prime95

i was able to get 3.6ghz on my 4000+ but mine's a brisbane. i've got a afp64 and the thing never touches above 45C and the voltage was i believe 1.32ish.

^^It was stable, prime95 + 3dmark06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom