4.1 speaker system help

Status
Not open for further replies.

backlashwave

Baseband Member
hi
i have installed windows vista on my pc . i have a 4.1 speaker system.the speakers are from creative and the model is creative inspire M4500. my mother board is a 945GCM. the problem is that windows vista shows quadraphonic or something with 4 speaker option but i get sound from only two speakers. now do i select or tell the system that it is 4.1 channel speaker system. please help.
thanks in advance

How many plugs on the speaker set itself one or two? If you plugged one into the line-in jack that would explain why only two have sound. Recheck how those were plugged in to verify that. Even when set to headphones or 2 1/2 you should still hear sound coming from all speakers if they are good.

the speaker system came with two jacks one green and one black i have connected the green jack to the green socket and the black jack in to the line in socket

The green is for the front pair while the black is generally for the rear with a third for center mix. You plugged it into the wrong jack meant for external input into the board not output meant for speakers there.

Usually you can see the symbol for mic or audio to spot which one is for what. The manual that comes along with the board will also have a page on the rear connections seen there.

My 5.1 system doesnt work that way. They plug into the sub woofer and the sub woofer plugs into the back of the PC.

He has sent me a PM asking me about this and from what i can tell it is a driver issue. Since Vista can not allow for him to choose his setup. It gives Stereo, Quadraphonic, 5.1 and that is it. Honestly i think Quad will be your best possible choice. 4.1 systems are not common. 5.1 systems and 6.1 systems are more to the normal. So maybe choice 5.1 but leaving the Center channel off will get the results you want.

I think someone is pming everyone about this. But plugging the black plug into the line-in jack and not the second for rear output doesn't help either!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom