falconmick

Baseband Member
Well... my pc is CRAP! it is a pentium 3 it's core speed is 801MhZ
It is a i815-w83627hf motherboard
it has SDRAM 320mb
its latecy is (using cpu-z-142) lvl 1 size = 16 latency = 3cycles
lvl 2 size = 128 latency = 7cycles
lvl 3 size = 256 latency = 19cycles

Now my problem is that my parents are tight asses so I'm not aloud to get a new one... what can i do to speed it up... maby if som1 has an old Pc they dont need anymore thats better I could buy it off of them???

Now my problem is that my parents are tight asses so I'm not aloud to get a new one

WoW that Pc sucks. Even my dad would show sympathy over that pc and give me a few $ for some upgrades.

Can't you get some money for Christmas?

Do you have a job?

If your looking to speed it up a bit then i would recommend these programs.

Download CCleaner 2.03.532 - filehippo.com

TuneUp Software International - Download

Download O&O Defrag 2000 Freeware - filehippo.com

CCleaner - Removes junk of your computer like temp files and cookies, will free some room and make some improvements. Also has a registry fix.

TuneupUtilities - Has cleaners and registry fixes, removes "junk" files and also has registry defrag and PC optimizer.

OODefrag - Good defrager (defrags files arranging them in order for fast use) use the SPACE defrag for normal pc (I.E your's).

These should help a bit until you can buy new parts or a pc.

I feel you're pain man. I used to have a crappier pc than that, but you work with what you got. Even if it only gave me 25fps in warcraft 3. But yeah I must agree with everyones suggestion, you need a new pc, you should really show you're parents how much computer components have advanced over the past few years and how cheap it is nowadays to build a powerful pc.

Same here, my first pc was a dell dimension, with a 10gb hd, windows me, 633mhz celeron, and 128mb sdram. I "upgraded" it to windows xp, 384mb ram, an 80gb and a 40gb hd (and im still using those hd's in my rig now, years later lol) and a cd burner, but it was still too slow and i just had to build a new system, that was a few years ago.

Same here, my first pc was a dell dimension, with a 10gb hd, windows me, 633mhz celeron, and 128mb sdram. I "upgraded" it to windows xp, 384mb ram, an 80gb and a 40gb hd (and im still using those hd's in my rig now, years later lol) and a cd burner, but it was still too slow and i just had to build a new system, that was a few years ago.

Showing some age here but my first comp was a Mac SE, cost $4000.00.

CPU: 8 MHz
RAM: 1 MB of RAM
HD: 20 MB
GPU: HAHAHAHA!!!
Monitor: 9" monochrome

Still have it kicking around somewhere....

my mom had an OLD at&t computer with 2 floppy, like the actual floppy drives, and it didn't have a hdd. it had 32kb of ram. and that cost like 2000 bucks.

Yeah, our commodore 64 was like that...the SE was our Cadillac while everyone else went crazy on DOS.

The C-64 had some great games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom