Which "8800[ ]" is the best to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are not crediting the G92 GTS enough. It's worth every penny in comparison to the GT from all the benchmarks I've seen. It's a sure deal when you get it bundled with Crysis. When you get the GTS, you are getting the 3rd best performing card in the market! People are only making reference to Crysis, which doesn't see much of a difference between the GTS and GT, but in other games, the GTS comes out way ahead of the GT, even surpassing the GTX at most times.

Can you link me to those benchmarks? I haven't seen much of an increase in the ones I've looked at.

Can you link me to those benchmarks? I haven't seen much of an increase in the ones I've looked at.

88gtsg92g08ex4.gif

88gtsg92g20bx6.gif

88gtsg92g23tp0.gif

512gtsnu3.png

/edit: sorry about the double post!

You think ALL of those give merit to the extra $70 over the GT? Let's assume the OP plays at 1600 x 1200. Hmm CoH, is he going to notice the difference between 151.6 fps vs 129.6 fps. Both of those play well so I don't see the merit in buying a card that's $70 more expensive. Lost Planet hmm about 9 fps. (again over 60 fps already with the GT). Hmm crysis, 27 vs 24.5 fps at 1920 x 1200 which the OP probably doesn't play at. More crysis benchmarks 3 fps difference. Bioshock, 4 fps difference at 2560 x 1600. Tell me again which benchmark you think shows the huge performance increase of GTS over the GT?

You think ALL of those give merit to the extra $70 over the GT? Let's assume the OP plays at 1600 x 1200. Hmm CoH, is he going to notice the difference between 151.6 fps vs 129.6 fps. Both of those play well so I don't see the merit in buying a card that's $70 more expensive. Lost Planet hmm about 9 fps. (again over 60 fps already with the GT). Hmm crysis, 27 vs 24.5 fps at 1920 x 1200 which the OP probably doesn't play at. More crysis benchmarks 3 fps difference. Bioshock, 4 fps difference at 2560 x 1600. Tell me again which benchmark you think shows the huge performance increase of GTS over the GT?

Hmmm... well when you put it that way, I guess it's more convincing. The 8800GT is going to be the better bang for the buck I guess. I have to admit that the reason I'm so interested in getting an G92 8800GTS myself is because I want to have bragging rights in owning the second-best (after the Ultra) card on the market.

Another issue is we might see a greater gap between the two with later drivers, as the 8800GTS has only been released recently, and I believe the 8800GTS will overclock much better than the 8800GT would (due to the two-slot cooling solution). But it comes down to the $70-$100 price difference... the more I think about it, the more undecided I become as to whether or not it's worth it.

But I can't help but agree with you at this point. I'm making a new build myself (will be ordering next week) and now I am quite undecided as to whether or not go with a GT or G92 GTS... pretty tough decision...

Right now, the only reason i would buy a gts is so that i could step up from the gts to the new cards in february. I still might end up buying a pair just for the heck of it and sell my GT cards at a profit :p

Right now, the only reason i would buy a gts is so that i could step up from the gts to the new cards in february. I still might end up buying a pair just for the heck of it and sell my GT cards at a profit :p

ur just trying to keep ur 3d mark record, i am going to make n atempt at beating it when i finish my rig, i just need the cards, n mobo+cpu which im ordering this week end im gona be crossfiring, 3870's i dont see any resoning in spending over 300$on a single card set up especially considering the 700$ price tag on the ultra which can easaly be beat by 2 gt's or 3870's

I would go with the 8800GTS 512mb. You're paying for more stream processors, a dual-slot cooling solution which imo is needed for cards this powerful, and higher overclockability. And fortunatly, you won't have to fight over the GTS with other people. newegg has every G92 GTS in stock from every manufacturer. You can buy one whenever you please :) You won't have to loose sleep wondering when the card will come back in stock like you would for the 8800gt.

I would go with the 8800GTS 512mb. You're paying for more stream processors, a dual-slot cooling solution which imo is needed for cards this powerful, and higher overclockability. And fortunatly, you won't have to fight over the GTS with other people. newegg has every G92 GTS in stock from every manufacturer. You can buy one whenever you please :) You won't have to loose sleep wondering when the card will come back in stock like you would for the 8800gt.

That thing is like 14 million dollars. Did you not read my original post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom