How to keep WinXP really fast & stable

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: How to keep WinXP really fast & stable

Those same people who do not have a brain are not going to come to tech-forums, read your guide, and see, Oh don't use Limewire!

The only people that do read your guide are people with brains and uber security. (Usually :p)

I don't know about that.

have you seen some of our members lately?

LOL. just kidding

I use limewire and utorrent.
Limewire doesnt give you viruses...its you who are S***** and dl the virsuses.

i use utorrent for discographys and limewire for single files.

I use limewire and utorrent.
Limewire doesnt give you viruses...its you who are S***** and dl the virsuses.

i use utorrent for discographys and limewire for single files.

ok. your ga_y arse comment are not needed. you probably learned the behavior from your father, da frisco dike. I messed with limewire like 4-6 years ago when it was safe. I remember in 2003 when it stopped being safe. I had enough sense not to download most of the viruses, but most people don't. this have already been covered. I've fixed hundreds of computers in the past 4 years from people who downloaded viruses off of limewire.

I made this guide to help people. I didn't make it for as_sine people like you to start posting stupid sh*t about your opinion about a silly file sharing program that had little to do with the topic.

Sorry but i have to agree with EricB here. Limewire has fallen far from it graces these days. Not only does it have viruses but bad files. I mean how many people download what they think is a song only to get static 35 seconds into it? I remember this from the Morpheus days as well. The P2P apps are far less secure than anything torrent based.

Even the RIAA has said they have put files on things like Limewire, Bearshare and the rest jsut to stop the file sharing. When they have more PC's to mess with the sharing ratio they will accomplish this task.

Limewire can be safe, if you know what you are doing. Not many people do. The PC Enthusist are few and far between. The average user, those reading guides like this, are not that knowledgeable in this area. So for them it would be wise to stay away from Limewire. I mean if they have to read how to keep XP fast and stable then they cant be all that smart can they? ;) Just kidding. but think about it. Would a hard core Enthusist really read a guide like this? Maybe to see what is said and to give other tips but not to follow it as they have their own method.

At least those are my thoughts on this matter.

i agree that limewire has a lot of fake music files, etc.
But your just acting like a kid using all your insults as they dont effect me in anyway.
Your argue would be legid and i would agree with you....if you take out the unnessary words. Im not here to argue, just my opinion.
If you've helped a lot of ppl...good for you, just dont go all crazy if someone doesnt agree with you.

its you who are S*****

this is why I went off. I didn't post this guide to get names called at me. people around here will tell you that I don't play that.

I'm a cool guy until I'm attacked as I grew up in da hood and we don't play that.

this is why I went off. I didn't post this guide to get names called at me. people around here will tell you that I don't play that.

I'm a cool guy until I'm attacked as I grew up in da hood and we don't play that.

well that was my bad, i shoudlnt have ssaid that.

anyways, dont want this to go off topic and distract ppl from getting help here, so pls delete this posts by me.
thanks.

edit:
and eric, i wasnt name calling you at all, i was trying to say ppl in general...misunderstandment there ig uess.

How to keep WinXP really fast & stable Part III.

9. start, run type msconfig check startup remove all of the check item except your firewall and antivirus and email programs so that you won't have so many things running in the background that are just wasted computer resources. You can enable teatimer of spybot search and destroy to keep things out of startup.

So, every once in a while, I get "reminders" from a couple different apps letting me know someone's b-day is coming up, or some holiday is right around the corner, and do I want to send a card, etc? I checked my msconfig "start up" tab, found the culprits and unchecked the reminder functions. On restart, I now get a message that the system is in "selective start-up", and proceeds to bug me with annoying questions prior to allowing the boot process to continue.

Also, I have dozens of other things that show up on the "start-up" tab. EricB mentions un-checking all of these except the anti-virus, firewall and email programs to free up resources. The following link shows three screen shots of my start-up:

Our Gallery of Photos

I was wondering if someone would take a look and tell me if there's anything you spot, aside from what EricB mentioned, that I should also keep checked.

And how can I accomplish #9 above without getting the "selective start-up" dialog crap? If there isn't a way to do so, it seems to me I'd rather just put up with the reminders and slowness of the boot process.

Thanks all! Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom