Vista...yea..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i pulled 2 sticks of ram and was able to get it to install. I guess its time to do some memtest86. I'm actually wondeirng if i might be running into the wonderful 680i "omg why did you put 4 sticks of memory in me" problem. More and more i'm wanting to go back to an intel chipset, i never had any of these memory issues when i was on my p35 board. Gonna update the video drivers and when it forces the reboot i'll toss the other 2 sticks of memory in and see if i get a bsod again.

On a completely unrelated topic. Vista media center rocks huge amounts of ***. I'm really loving the setup on my media pc. Now if i can jsut find a good ripping program to start putting my 400+ dvds on the server so i dont have to get up to change movies :p

There are tons of DVD RIpping apps out there. I know we have discussed this plenty of times here. Try a search.

At least you can use vista. Every **** time i try to boot into my vista partition i get a bsod. So i reset the cmos, nothing overclocked, everything auto, and i cant even boot into the dvd to reinstall vista.
Going
to
break
something
soon.

Have you tried enabling something in the BIOS so that you can run all 4GB of RAM you have installed? If you get a BSOD, more likely its a RAM issue. So might want to check that.

Vista 32 Bit cant use 4GB. That is probably why you ran into that issue.

Xp pro boots fine with all 4 sticks
Vista 64 gives a bsod with 4 sticks
If it was bad ram it would crash in xp.
Whenever i get the bsod it tells me to check for bios settings for memory. I spent a good hour checking every setting in bios for memory settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom