Going to break something soon....

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok ever since i lapped my cpu and heatsink, i have to freaking hold down the power button for my machine to boot up. If i just press the power button, it turns on then goes back off. If i reboot, it usually just turns off and doesnt come back up. I have gone back in and checked all my connections, everything looks to be connected securely. I'm at my witts end and about to huck this piece of **** out the window.

On another note, XP is being crazy slow to load up anything even with EVERYTHING in the startup disabled, and my vista partition wont even freaking boot without bluescreening. I swear im about ready to just set the cpu and memory all back to factory settings and give up on this crap.

going to get another drink and watch a movie so i dont have to break stuff...

any ideas would be great.

Ya, so i reset the CMOs, everything is set to auto, i cant even get the rig to boot into the DVD to reinstall vista. Everytime it starts the install process i get a bsod. I seriously hate computers some days.

veedub i feel ya man.
i went through this with my first rig, i kept trying to oc ..oc and oc, but then i went through soo many random bsods and then something would stop working...i almost went crazy and felt like throwing the pc away.

then b1 told me to just enjoy the pc and forget about oc for a while.

maybe the lapping was not needed, but whats done is done.

I few weeks ago my pc would turn on and off multiple times just like you mentioned.
Try turning off the psu and taking out the connections and then putting them back.

thats what i did and my pc finally turned on, right now i wanna try oc my ram just for a 3dmark score but i prolly wont and just stick to what i have for a while.

I actually just pulled 2 sticks of my memory because i was getting a BSOd everytime i tried to boot into vista and that seems to have fixed the bsod. I'll try reseating the power cables after the updates finish and i have to reboot. As far as the lapping goes, it made a HUGE improvement in the temps, the only thing i can think of that might be causing any problem on that front is that the heatsink still isnt as tight as i would like it.

well if the problem gets fixed after resetting just start playing games and forgot about doing any other tweaks.
...it feels good to relax and enjoy your pc and be proud of what youve done.

Ok well the rig will run fine in xp with 4 sticks, but if i run 3 or 4 sticks in vista i get a bsod every time. So right now i have 2 sticks sitting on the table because vista is a piece of ****. This is really beginning to annoy me. I bought vista 64 so i could run 4gb of memory, but cant run 4gb of memory because it crashes windows. Also, vista refuses to let me use all 3 of my video cards, yet it works jsut fine in xp. DOUBLE YOU TEE EFF.

Ok well the rig will run fine in xp with 4 sticks, but if i run 3 or 4 sticks in vista i get a bsod every time. So right now i have 2 sticks sitting on the table because vista is a piece of ****. This is really beginning to annoy me. I bought vista 64 so i could run 4gb of memory, but cant run 4gb of memory because it crashes windows. Also, vista refuses to let me use all 3 of my video cards, yet it works jsut fine in xp. DOUBLE YOU TEE EFF.

maybe one of the ram is faulty?
and how are you running three video cards on one pc?...

I never bought vista 64 for just that reason...its failure rate.
Im waiting for the sp to come out and then see how vast the improvements get. If it still sucks after the sp, im going back to xp and never looking back.
Im using vista 64bit but with 2gb, i fell short of money and lost some money and id ont think their is need for 4gb.

I feel you.... since I moved to Win XP 64 bit, I can't use my DVD burner.... no drivers. All it will do is read optical media, thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom