Need help building a new gaming comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

masteroc

In Runtime
So here is the deal. My gaming computer, about 3 years old, broke. Since its around the christmas time i figuered id treat myself to a new one. Its been a while since i built a new computer so im a bit out of the loop on all the new and upcoming hardware. I need to keep it around 1k, and i want to be able to play current games and newer ones with good fps. For instance i was looking at crysis (which looks amazing) and i want to be able to play this at the higher, maybe not highest, level of detail. If would be great if you guys could give me your imput on what i should get. I was wondering if the pci express 2 was worth it over the x16. Also if sli of 2 cheaper cards was better than 1 expensive one. How much memory i should go for and if i should get one of the 10k hard drives, or a regular 7200. Remeber, im working with a budget here. Thanks!!

Opps, yea i have a DVD-Rom and an RW that i can reuse, and i already have a case for it.

great, and the build i suggested comes in around 1000
if you need to cut a few $$ out of it get the regular ip35 instead of the pro, or get a 7200.10 drive instead of 7200.11

what mb would you sugggest instead of the Abit if i wanted to have sli, id only use one card right now, but maybe i would upgrade later as the games become more demanding..or is that not a good idea?

Btw thanks for your quick reply!!

im just worried that i wont be able to play newer games, also how would this set up do with crysis or COD 4 with resolution set on high?

Cool, thats really all i was aiming for with only spending about 1k.
Another thing, the card is for pci express 2.0 and the mb only has x16 on it. Will this be a problem or is it backwards compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom