I got it. Now pick me a MOBO for OC'ing (you convinced me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
eVGA 590 or M2N-SLI Deluxe

but I'd consider getting the 5000+ Black Edition Brisbane instead... its a bit slower but it runs cooler, consumes less power, and has unlocked multiplier, so increasing it once gets it on par with a 6400+

it seems you are a gamer
i highly suggest getting an Intel C2D if you would like more frames and overall better system performance
the 6000+ is ordinarily for someone who wants to stick with AMD

thats the thing with overclocking...if you don't overclock then AMD are better for the money however Intel C2D chips are AMAZING overclockers and where the real value lies.

eVGA 590 or M2N-SLI Deluxe

but I'd consider getting the 5000+ Black Edition Brisbane instead... its a bit slower but it runs cooler, consumes less power, and has unlocked multiplier, so increasing it once gets it on par with a 6400+

Yeah, i keep hearing that I should get the 5000+ Black Edition.

I decided to step up mobo's, because honestly with the rest of the stuff im getting, and how im going to be using this PC, the mobo I had in mind just wasn't on par. I figured I might as well get a good one, and one day when im more confident in my ability (Im really afraid to do this) i'll be able to OC it. Im just concerned i'll kill my PC or something, im not that computer savvy ;) Also I wouldn't be OC'ing it right away, because then id need to invest some money in cooling, and this PC is really breaking the bank so far.

it seems you are a gamer
i highly suggest getting an Intel C2D if you would like more frames and overall better system performance
the 6000+ is ordinarily for someone who wants to stick with AMD

Yea, I stopped gaming for a few years when I played WoW exclusively (Was a hardcore raider) and you don't need too much PC to run that. But this pc is primarily for work actually, im studying to become a sound engineer and i'll be running pro-tools, recording and mastering top quality CD's on this pc... But since I needed something powerful, I figured I might as well throw in a card and game, its cheaper then a PS3/Xbox 360.

thats the thing with overclocking...if you don't overclock then AMD are better for the money however Intel C2D chips are AMAZING overclockers and where the real value lies.

Again, im kinda a wuss in this area, afraid to OC because my brother tells me you can damage your PC doing it, he is much more knowledgeable then me in PC's and he's afraid to do it himself, so as of now, id like a higher quality mobo, with the ability to OC if I do decide to in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom