Ordering a G92 8800GTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got my case from the US. Shipping ended up being nearly 150$ after the secret COD charges that NOONE told me about untill the mailman knocked on my door. man was I po'd. lol.

As for XFX I love em. I'll never buy another brand vid card again. Unless they stop releasing them or something lol. Great customer service. Cool *** name. Mean lookin box XD

neverwinter nights 2 is a killer game XD im playing it right now. well on pause till i get new mobo. though i'd just get the XFX card and nwn2 seperate XD that sticker is brutal XD

I also love XFX i pick them over all other brands eVga might have that step up program but like they said before bad service and your put on a waiting list and have to pay the difference they choose i would just ebay my GT when the new 9 series come out and get XFX 9800 series baby ima go for a GTX.

lol well put csae. XFX ftw! imo anyhow. What case you got merk? Gonna be nice build XD

----------------------
as for the cosmos.. its sick! well worth the bloody fortune I ended up paying for it. with stock fans the case has great airflow. I believe they're all under 19 or 17Db fans. So you could put higher CFM fans in it if you wanted. Its quiet as all ****. Running the Ultra's fan at 100% only makes a slight hum. Even stock intel cooler at 100% isnt loud. can't hear the case fans at all. I had to stick my hand in there to see if they were running heh. ouch ;p

as far as the HD cooling i'm not sure. doesn't seem to get any hotter than it should. I dont have anything to check the HD temp's on it though. I'm only running the one. im sure if you had 4 or 5 youd need to mount another fan. Which wouldn't be difficult at all.

Cant wait till I can get the TC PA120.3 and see how I can work this out. There's a ton of room in the case. It's kinda ridiculous lol.

Bottom mounted PSU is a bit of a pain because i couldnt hide the mobo's 6pin power connector. Had to run it right over the 8800 because the corsairs wire is too short. That might change when I move the 8800 to the other pci-e slot now that I got the sata dvd writer. Too short to run it behind the tray from bottom to top (easily enough room)
One good thing about the bottom mounted psu is the space at the top it leaves ^^ Shouldn't have any trouble fitting a 120.3 rad inside. I'm just tryign to figure out how to exaust all 3 fans. i'll have to cut another hole. Just wondering if the top cover will restrict exaust airflow. Can be removed easily anyhow.

As far as cable management. It could be better. With a few mods you Might be able to run the wires behind the MOBO tray after cutting through it, like Apok did. but not easily or you won't get the back panel on. Thats only if your rinning wires from left to righht or vica versa though. plenty of room to go from bottom to top etc. I'll post a wire managment thing in the other forum to show you what I mean when I get my mobo RMA all sorted out.

Kinda wish It had a window. I'm not confident enough to put one in myself heh. Maybe i'll see how much replacement panels cost. I didn't look too hard at the foam on it but the side panels themselves are solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom