What's the equivalent Intel Pentium to an AMD Athlon 2500+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suidakra

Baseband Member
Maybe my question looks quite amatuerish and maybe there are too many factors to consider to provide me an answer, but I was just wondering if anybody can say... roughly?

Here's the specs:

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ "Barton", 333 FSB, 512K Cache Processor

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for replying and providing a link even. I'm not interested in buying an Intel Pentium though, I was just asking because I ordered a custom computer with an AMD 2500+ that should be arriving soon. It's too late to customize the processor higher so it's a bit dumb of me asking this question so late, but I figured I'd try to find out anyways. This will be my first computer with an AMD.

actually the Athlon XP's were rated to what their equivalent Pentium 4 performs at

I believe the Athlon XP 2500+ runs at 1.67GHZ, but like I have said multiple times, the frequency does not neccesarily determine the CPU performance; Athlon XP's can complete more instructions per clock cycle than P4's can

My 2500+ runs at 1.83ghz but can be overclocked to a 3200+ so it runs at 2.2ghz with effient cooling

XP 2500+~P4 2.4

But if you oc it to 2.2Ghz (3200+) its appromately a P4 3.0

the XP 2500+ is a great buy

80 bucks (100 with a decent Heatsink/fan)for 3.0ghz P4 performance which costs over twice that price, 220$

Edit: not to mention a good mobo for the AMD is about 80 bucks

and a good one for the Intel is about 120

Yeah its definetly a good buy also if you get some good ram PC3200 it run really nice i would stick with a 3500 than go with a P4 i used a P4 2.0ghz but didnt thinkto much to it i would like to go 64 bit get the new 64 bit xp lol

well apokalipse, like you've said multiple times, i know that the ghz between the two dosen't matter if ones more then the other. what i think he meant and what i would of meant is how are the simalar so that i could compare the price of the two to see wich is less for the same performace. that's what i would have asked the quesion for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom