Excited to get 7900GTX speed on my 7950GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
im just keeping it at 1.65, its stable at this voltage, been running rthdibl at max settings for over an hour and it hasnt crashed or artifacted. definitely stressing the GPU as its only going at 20FPS...

well it takes 2 7900gtx's to make a g80 gts.. or roughly that... sooo... got a while.. lol

I almost made the mistake of buying a 7950gt with passive cooling for $200 just cause i wanted my pc as quiet as possible, but i got talked out of it lol. And the 8800gt doesnt really make noise, i cant hear it over my case fans.

Many people find that they cannot increase the core clock after their max at 1.5v on the 7900 series. 1.8 is too high...I would lower it. Even 1.65 is still pretty high.

Your temps are great by the way...I've hit almost 90C while running 3dmark06 with my 7900GS @ 694/984.

man, so many people have watercooling now a days.. i'm almost convinced to do so for christmas instead of everything else ive gotten.. but i want a better case for it before i do so...

im using the piece of **** compaq oem case i got like 3 years ago haha, which use to house a **** sempron 3000+, k8s-la oem mobo(piece of ****), 40gb hdd, and 512mb ram.

all the new **** fits fine, doesnt look to bad either. micro atx btw

EDIT:
Final overclock is 703MHz/1716Mhz @ 1.65v :D
never goes above 61c load

actually im not sure... but i know the voltage had to have increased, it was not stable before hand... also i have it back down to 653/1710, wasnt stable at 700 core during games, played 3d mark just fine, but crashed while stressing with fear... same voltage though, all is well now though, so im stopping here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom