OCing e6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOcLuE98

Biohazardous
I have an Asus P3N32-E SLI plus
2gig gskill ddr2 800
e6600

I have my e6600 at 3.0ghz, at auto voltage (for right now), and after about 15-20 mins, it freezes. What should I adjust?
Right now it is at 333.3 x 9
when I go any higher, it freezes up pretty quick after start up. I am about to go change my multiplier down, and up the FSB. I was trying it out at about 355 x 9,and that is where it had the most problems.

Second ques, the vID in coretemp never changes from 1.325v, why? Where can I get an accurate reading for my voltage. I looked in my BIOS, and even when I changed the voltage myself, it still read 1.425v, on auto, and when I set it to a bunch of different things, why?

Thanks

VID is not your vcore. Vid is a number that will never change and from what i have gathered from my reading is what the cpu is rated to run at stock clocks. You need to use CPU-Z to see what your core voltage is actually running at.

Softwre readings for voltages are unreliable. What did you set the vcore in the CMOS?

stupid question... what is that? I checked the BIOS, and they said the same thing all the time, even when I was changing them..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom