Ordering a G92 8800GTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
I'm not quite sure as to which one I should get:

Gigabyte ($339.99): 50MHz faster, bundled w/ Neverwinter Nights 2, NN2 sticker graphics (bad)

XFX ($348.88): standard 650MHz clock, bundled w/ Company of Heroes

How's XFX as a company? I heard a lot of negative say here and there about them. I'd prefer going with EVGA, but it ain't available. The Galaxy and BFG versions are more expensive and don't come bundled with anything.

What do you guys think?

Here's a list of them from where I'm buying: Buy - DirectCanada

And how easily do video card stickers come off?

i don't think XFX is too bad, i would choose eVGA over them but i wouldn't be restricted to eVGA if they're wasn't one to choose from..

i would go with that xfx, and it comes with CoH. i have no idea how easy stickers would be to pull off.

they point down so you don't see it anyway.. also go with the xfx cause it has the "two" lifetime warrenty's which is really good if you're gonna resell which it seems like you might in the near future. and company of heroes is better then nwn2

yeah thanks guys for the input

I've decided to go with the 8800GTS for numerous reasons. There might not be a huge difference in performance against the GT in Crysis or 3DMark06, but the benchmarks I've seen in other games show the GTS clear ahead and we'll see what happens with better GTS-optimized drivers of the future.

Plus, I've always wanted a legit copy of CoH to be able to play online :D

isn't one of the cards clocked to 730????

The Gigabyte is clocked to 700, but by the looks of it, the cooling doesn't seem any different, so I can manually do the overclocking myself on the XFX.

Oh man, I am so excited. I'm just communicating by email with one of the managers there to see if I can get a guaranteed G0. I mean, I spending a little over $1300 there, they can afford to do me a little customer service. If he can guarantee me one, I'm putting through the order immediately and I should get it by mid-next-week.

They're having trouble with their phone system. I haven't been able to reach them by phone for several days now. I just get music or an error message. All this trouble is worth their really low prices though. Compared to NCIX, TigerDirect, CanadaComputers and Infonec, they've really got the cheapest prices in Canada, even cheaper than Newegg in the States sometimes. Yeah, NCIX can price match, but they funk you over with $80 shipping and $40 insurance. Direct is $0 for shipping and $15 for insurance :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom