Any sales on AMD 6400's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. LL

In Runtime
Looking for a AMD 64 X2 6400 CPU, I think Newegg has them for $179 but just wanted to see if anyone knows of a sale or rebate offer going on, thanks.

How much difference is there between the following two AMD CPU's? The only difference is one is a 125W model, how much does that make a difference?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Windsor 3.2GHz Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor Model ADX6400CZBOX - Retail

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Windsor 3.2GHz Socket AM2 Dual-Core Processor Model ADX6400CZWOF - Retail

its the same thing.. its just one comes with a fan the other doesn't..

you know a b3 q6600 collects less energy than that... honestly the 5000+ Brisbane is better... its cheaper, a bit slower... but the Black Edition one.. you increase the multiplier once.. and its on par with the 6400+ without the cons of the Windsor core... but less cache..

its the same thing.. its just one comes with a fan the other doesn't..

you know a b3 q6600 collects less energy than that... honestly the 5000+ Brisbane is better... its cheaper, a bit slower... but the Black Edition one.. you increase the multiplier once.. and its on par with the 6400+ without the cons of the Windsor core... but less cache..

But couldn't you OC the 6400 and make it even faster? I wouldn't mind the 5000, its cheaper.

Would that just involve a change in the BIOS, after increasing the multiplier what speed should it run at? Sorry i've never OC before so I'm pretty ignorant on the subject.

well no.. the Windsor runs at the 90nm at 125w, while the Brisbane will be 65nm and 95watts.. the Brisbane will probably will become unstable at a higher speed than the Windsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom