Ocing e2160... at 3gz... 60C under load

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerodayATK

Daemon Poster
my e2160 FSB is 333 multi 9x mem divider is set to make ram run at 800mz... its not very stable much higher.. will work on that later.... 29C Idle 60C under full SP2004 on both cores... voltage is currently set at auto pc wizard reads 1.392 or under full load 1.36 but the gigabyte easytune reads 1.45... which one is more reliable and are those temps too high? what is a temp that should never be touched?

well, you dont wnt to go over on 60-65 on load.
and dont set your volt to auto, adjust it yourself.
make sure you have cie,eist,virtualization disabled in the bios.

What cooler are you using atm? and what case to you have?

Your idle temps seem fine, but the load temp isnt safe.
Whats the abient temp in your room? thats plays a major factor in temps.

^^ haha ambient temps.. lets see.... I have my ceiling fan on and the window open in mid winter NE...... not sure but pretty close to 35 degrees fahrenheit... as for auto ... i was just seeing how effective it was for stable ocing... its kept is stable but I will deffinatly fine tune more.. I'm just siked that it was stable at 3ghz! Opinions on betterness... higher muti or higher ram divider.... right now I have 9x333fsb and ram is 2.40 to make it run at 800mhz... should i run the mutli lower and the mem higher? as for case xion solaris 2 80mm 1 120 intake and a 92mm rosewill the ten dollar rebate on... I would say its decent...

well if you want to get your e2160 over 3ghz, i would suggest the tuniq tower 120 or atleast acfp.
I have my ram set at 2.

A couple ppl over here have their e2180 at around 3.2-3.5 if im not mistaken so getting help from them would be good.
I also think they had their volt around 1.45.

Nah.. I'm Fine with 3ghz as its not my computer.. I built it as a xmas gift and the oc was an added bonus.... as for voltages i put 1.4vin bios i get 1.36 idle and 1.344 on load for the past thrre volts i tried.. 1.375 &1.4....... any ideas? thats the voltages as of PC wizard.....

Nah.. I'm Fine with 3ghz as its not my computer.. I built it as a xmas gift and the oc was an added bonus.... as for voltages i put 1.4vin bios i get 1.36 idle and 1.344 on load for the past thrre volts i tried.. 1.375 &1.4....... any ideas? thats the voltages as of PC wizard.....

do you have cie and eist disabled in the bios?

Im also on a E2160, stock cooling and have overclocked it to 334x9 (3.0Ghz), 1.4V is stable. I was on 1.35V but although it played Crysis fine, a 3DMark05 benchmark crashed, im not sure if it was the CPU voltage but it is my guess.

I go around 65C on load, it can go to 74C though. But by the end of this month i should be on AF7, so its ok for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom