OC'ing q660 on IP35 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magooly

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I just made my first rig, and I'm OC'ing it atm. I Just wanted to post what I've done so far to see if i'm doing it right..

Here's my specs -
q6600 @ 3.6ghz ATM. 400 FSB x9 I gusse that's what it's called?
(g0 revision, Stepping B. Read from CPU-Z.) running at 1.4 CPU volt or w/e

Cooling it with a Tuniq tower., About 35-40 when not dong anything, and when using prime it's about 57C. Using Core temp to tell me this. Ran prime95 for about 5 hours and no error
Anything else I should run to make sure my thing is going well? I'm running COD4 VERY good snice the OC, and I haven't got a BSOD lol

Ram 2 gig of Crucial Ballistic Mem timing 4-4-4-12 . mem volt 2.1. Set to 800 1.1

8800 GTS 512 (G92), How do I OC my video card? I've been trying to find something to do it, or figure out how. I tired to use ATITOOL or something and it just woudn't work so I gave up.

Mobo - Abit IP35 pro.

PSU - Corsair 620 HX.

Case - Cooler master Stacker 830

Most all other settings are stock in the BOIS other than the stuff listed.
I got a 14000 score on 3d06 with the free test at like 1200 / 1000 res or whatever it comes with. ( don't know if that's good or bad. lol )

Thanks again.

We do not care about software voltage read outs.
What is the Vcore you MANUALLY set through the CMOS?
Nice, Same clock as mine
CPU-Z Validator Database
The Vcore I set in CMOS is 1.425

To overclock video cards you can use several programs.
Most common are ATI tool and rivaturner. I myself use Rivaturner..

Ste, I didn't say what my Vcore was trew CPU-z. I was saying my revstion / stepping. It's at 1.4575, I had it lower but was getting BSOD

I don't understand, Why does my control pannel just open then close right away? Didn't have this problem before I started OCing.. >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom