First time custom build pls. critique,comment,suggest..

Status
Not open for further replies.
minor gaming? lol and you get an 8800gts? also you dont need a raptor and a 500gb hdd. just pick one, but if you want ti fast. Get two 500gb SATA HDD's and run them in RAID.

Wow nice build but i gotta say the Power supply is overload just get a PC power and cooling silencer 750Watt thats enough juice to run 2 GTS at sli or crossfire in your case and yea like on top of me you dont need both those harddrives just pick one and forget those ADATA get crucial ballistix much better i tried adata before crucials are better and there cheaper.

Thanks for the critiques, I know the video card may be overkill for me, but I am just tired of being those people that buy a computer and then can't play a game or get outdated real fast.

I'll take the advice on the memory, how about the HD Seagates quality, I have only had Hitachi and Wester Digital.

Wow nice build but i gotta say the Power supply is overload just get a PC power and cooling silencer 750Watt thats enough juice to run 2 GTS at sli or crossfire in your case and yea like on top of me you dont need both those harddrives just pick one and forget those ADATA get crucial ballistix much better i tried adata before crucials are better and there cheaper.

a Corsair 520hx is enough...

i think some of its a bit overkill, but maybe thats just my jealousy kicking in...

as for your power supply... i got the same one... just the 850w version for 100 bucks on newegg, and i know the 950 was comming in a combo deal with the Q6600 for like 120 bucks... so u could save a solid 100 bucks if u just look for some of the deals out there...

its a great PSU though, i love my 850w... it can run anything you'd ever need... especially with comps trending to use LESS power, like the new 8800gt

EDIT: why not get some better RAM? get some 1066 with some better timings, it would help the performance a lot and u can easily cut the money out of ur overpriced powersupply and some other stuff.

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

that ram is still 2 gigs, it gives you room to get another 2 gigs later on (if you ever need more...) and its cheaper than what you have selected... plus its much better... 5-5-5-15 timings and ddr2 1000 not 800

this ram also comes in a combo with
Newegg.com - Antec True Power Trio TP3-650 ATX12V 650W Power Supply with Three 12V Rails 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, FCC, TUV, CE, C-tick, CCC, CB - Retail
for a total of 190 bucks... would cut down a large chunck of ur money and that oughta be plenty of power.

get the 610 silencer as they're getting cheaper and cheaper nowadays
it was $115 on newegg the other day which is what the 520hx is
it is also one the most efficiant psu's on the desktop market

and since your budget is so high its definatly worth it to buy 2
Seagate 500gb 7200.11 in RAID 0
make sure you have a RAID compatible mobo
lose the raptor, they are outdated

also why get rid of the maximus?
its an amazing mobo

for RAM get crucial ballistix DDR2 800 4-4-4
the best BFTB ram anywhere imo

here is a much better cpu cooler