Upgrading pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabuk

Solid State Member
A few weeks ago I asked you guys for advice on upgrading my pc and most of you suggested more ram so I bought another 512mb which puts me at 768mb of rdram. That was some expensive shit. I was gonna buy 1gb but that would have cost me about 800 dollers so I stuck with the 512, for now :). Now Im wondering where to go next? I was thinking on either buying a new video card or sound system but wanted to hear it from the horses mouths since you guys seem to know what youre talking about and I dont feel like putting alot of money into somthing only to wish that I had bought somthing else.

Windows XP home
Pentium 4 2.4ghz
768mb ecc rdram
80gb hard drive
Nvidia Geforce fx 5200

new vid card, and ram doesnt cost $800, 512 should only cost about $80 for the value stuff

I agree---Video card if you play games

You could OC the processor if its not a dell, which i think it may be because dell used to put out computers with RDram

A new processor wouldn't be bad but i think the 2.4 is fine.

Nah with technology costs going down I figure Ill deal with the cost for now. I dont know much about the subject but my newb instinct tells me itll cost much less in a year or so, I think. What are some good video cards?

9600pro
9600XT
9800Pro
9800XT

the 9600 pro is great for low cost mid performance ~120$

and the 9800pro is great for mid cost high performance ~220$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom