Want to build my first PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'll be sticking with Intel, unless I am told(and given proof) that AMD are better. Any more suggestions before I choose aetherh4cker's suggested build?
thirdshiftdj I did see your post, but I'm not sure if all of those are good together or not, you gotta explain ^^

His build is almost identical to mine, however, he chose a more expensive video card. Because of that, his is slightly better, but also slightly more expensive.

Edit: The power supply he selected is also statistically more stable because of the Active PFC, but again, also more expensive. While it says his is 500W, and the one I selected says 450W, his doesn't actually provide you with any more useful power.

If you can afford it, his is better...

His build is almost identical to mine, however, he chose a more expensive video card. Because of that, his is slightly better, but also slightly more expensive.

Edit: The power supply he selected is also statistically more stable because of the Active PFC, but again, also more expensive. While it says his is 500W, and the one I selected says 450W, his doesn't actually provide you with any more useful power.

If you can afford it, his is better...

Oh ok, any more suggestions before I finalize his/hers then?

Ok thanks, now I just have to get my workers permit get the job and save up for everything haha.

Haha... how long will that be? By February, things will have changed enough that you may need to rethink your build!

Yep that'll probably happen, but I'll post questions then. I'll post my math for you all haha
Code:
Paycheck info
$6.10/hour
3 hours a day
$18.30/day
4 days a week
$73.2/week
paid every 2 weeks
$146.4/2 weeks
Tax taken ~ 20%
$117.12/paycheck
Tips
Average $20/day
4 days a week
$80/week
Paid every 2 weeks
$160/2 weeks
Added to final paycheck with tax taken only from paycheck
$277.12/2 weeks

I should make around $277.12/2 weeks, and about $554.24/month
My computer will cost around $900.
Therefore it will take me about 2 months to buy the computer.
Thats making only 20$/day in tips. A couple people I know who work there have said they usually make $40+ in tips so yea.

My current decided build:
Motherboard:
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
CD Drive:
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - OEM
Case:
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-WW Black/Silver Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
HDD:
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Monitor:
Newegg.com - CHIMEI CMV 221D-NBC Black 22" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 330 cd/m2 800:1 - Retail
GFX Card:
Newegg.com - MSI RX3850-T2D256E OC Radeon HD 3850 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
Speakers:
Newegg.com - JBL DUETAL 12 Watts 2.0 Speaker - Retail
Keyboard + Mouse:
Newegg.com - Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 B2L-00047 Black 105 Normal Keys 9 Function Keys USB Ergonomics Keyboard Mouse Included - OEM
RAM:
Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Processor:
Newegg.com - Intel Pentium E2180 Allendale 2.0GHz 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail
PSU:
Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE ST50F ATX12V 500W Power Supply 100 - 240 V cUL, CE, TUV, CCC, FCC - Retail

Looks great thanks!
edit: thats defiantly gonna be the monitor I get.
edit2: Can you tell me how good this computer is going to be? Just for a sort of excitement thing?
haha like will it run 3d games like Warrock (warrock.net) and the like with the highest settings etc? Thats not entirely what I'm looking for, just wondering because my current computer plays the game
laggy in the lowest settings with no effects (its like a $170 computer my grandparents bought me about 2 years ago...)

The Abit board is a sleeper, even if it doesn't have solid state capacitators or 6 phase power it's still a sick board. It'll OC that e2180 like no tomorrow. I've used Abit and Gigabyte and they are great MB's but Abit overall is better IMHO. That psu will allow you to run higher end cards without a hiccup later on when you save up of course
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom