nvidia drivers.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavishingRocket

In Runtime
i used the add/remove programs to uninstall the nvidia drivers but when i restart the comp, it is still listed in the add/remove. the drivers that the system falls back on is 52.16 after the uninstall. now i do the uninstall again and same thing happens...still there. i have tried using the detonator r.i.p. but it doesnt do anything. any other way i can permanently delete the old display drivers before i install new ones? thanks

try it by going into display properties, settings, advanced, adapter. Then change the adapter, and changed it to standard PCI graphics adapter/VGA (no, it doens't matter if its AGP). Then try to uninstall if you like, if it still lists it in add/remove you can go other ways (but save that for later, its not the safest way!) Anyhow, it'll say reboot. Do that and you should know immediatley because the screen will look like @ss. Now install the new drivers and software.

oh, if it shows in add/remove after setting to PCI standard, just ignore it for now, all we want to do is just remove the inf file from association.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom