Triple SLI benchmarks!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmammen

Self Proclaimed Immortal
The German print and online magazine PC Games Hardware had the opportunity to bench Nvidia's tripple-SLI. The benchmarks have been done using Crysis and some other games. Unfortunately a unreleased Crysis build with number 5837 was used which seems to be optimized for triple-SLI. This new patch will be publicy available in a couple days.

So far only te 8800 GTX and 8800 Ultra are capable of running triple-SLI. What else is needed to run triple-SLI?

- 3 Geforce 8800 GTX or Ultra cards
- a 3-way-SLI_Connectorboard (or as a alternative: 2 very short and 1 very long SLI-bridge)
- a mainboard with 3 PCI-E-x16-slots (680i or the upcoming 7x0i)
- the right Forceware driver (in this case 169.18 was used)
- a PSU that is strong enough to provide enough juice =)

Nvidia recommends using at least a 1,100W PSU. The Thermaltake Topower that was used in the test was really stressed. The kill-a-watt-device showed a total power consumption of 819W.

The benchmarks were done with a system that Nvidia provided. It's specs are:

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6850 @ 3000 MHz (333x9)
Board: Asus P5N32-E SLI with Nforce 680i-Chipsatz
RAM: 2x1,024 MiByte Corsair Dominator

As tests were used:
Tests:
• Crysis Build 3857, PCGH-Ice-Benchmark
• Unreal Tournament 3, PCGH-vCTF-Suspense-Benchmark
• Fear v1.08, int. performance-test
• Company of Heroes, int. performance-test

VGA: 3x XFX Geforce 8800 Ultra (612/1,512/1,080 MHz)
Driver: Forceware 169.18

The pictures speak for themselves =)

Link to the (German) article: PCGH - Praxis: PCGH-Hands-on-Test: Nvidias 3-Wege-SLI: Crysis in HD endlich flüssig

Link to the picture-galerie: PCGH - PCGH-Hands-on-Test: Nvidias 3-Wege-SLI: Crysis in HD endlich flüssig - 2007/12/3waySLI_01.JPG

(Click into the picture to enlarge it, "nächstes Bild" means next picture)

no airflow eh?:rolleyes:

wow... Triple SLi has more than double performance over the 1 card.. except for the 3x of the price..

exactly....completely worthless right now....until we can get a game that will really require 3 GPUs, this seems for bragging rights only. Maybe 3 8800GTs?? i would be down for that.

wow... Triple SLi has more than double performance over the 1 card.. except for the 3x of the price..

but just normal SLI is almost double performance. That is insanely cool though, I have to admit, that is totally badass.

yeah that does look pretty badass. I bet you could cook a 4 course meal on those cards after a good 5-8 hour gaming session lol.

yeah that does look pretty badass. I bet you could cook a 4 course meal on those cards after a good 5-8 hour gaming session lol.

yeah, I would love to see some temps on those cards, no room for cooling has to get those babies hot as all get out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom