Antec Nine Hundred Core2Duo Build Log... (56k, grab a snickers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guys, it was my day off yesterday, and I worked on this some more... I did a test fit of the components, and found that some adjustments were in order. I cut a new hole for the front audio connector, and widened each of the drive bay access holes for molex connectors. Cutting SHOULD Be completed now. All that is left is painting, and assembly. I DO have to pick up some more parts though. I need to get a 4 pin power cable extension for the motherboard. It fits fine, but if I put it behind the motherboard tray, then it is about 3" short.... Gotta run back to work, pics later.

Hello again all.... had a hectic nigt Tuesday, didn't get home till 5am... whoops... anyways, here are the pics. The cutting is completed... Now I just have to find out how to make custom SATA Power cables like Apok did, and find a 4 pin PSU cable extention so that the cable can be routed under the motherboard....

At this stage, all that is left is painting, protecting the edges of the cuts I made, and assembly.... more work than it sounds though... alas, here are teh pictars!!

DSC01207.jpg

DSC01208.jpg

Ok, well... I am FAIRLY SURE it was below the recommended 50* F in my garage for the spray paint, but I got too darn impatient, so I just did it. Anyways... I am HOPEING for the best, and expecting the worst. I am expecting the worst, because out of the 6+ billion people on the planet, I am probably 3rd from the bottom when it comes to spray painting skills. I could already see drips in it... :( You guys should by stock in high grit sandpaper :D

Bah! Toss a couple of sheets over the kitchen table and paint away. Anything that gets beyond that will be dry and can be swept/wiped off. You can always open a window to let out the fumes.

Usually the only problem you will get with painting when its too cold is that the paint will fisheye or not dry right. Once its dry and looks fine i wouldnt worry about it.

well, the paint looks ok... I made some touch ups, and turned pieces over and re shot some... SHOULD be finished painting now.... :D I WILL say that it looks pretty good. There is SOME areas where it is thick, and you can see that it dripped, etc. but that is MOSTLY going to be under the motherboard, so I am not too worried....

Tomorrow will be a late night (dinner with a friend after work)... but once I get home, I will be posting pics.!

Good night everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom