Optimize the process to install XP/Vista on 50 computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LincolnX

Baseband Member
Hello,

For a project I need to do the following things:

I need to install Windows XP and Vista on 50 different computers. Also it needs to be updates, configured and I need to install certain programs like Office 2003 and missing drivers. They all have totally different hardware (processors could be Intel Pentium 4/dual core/quadcore or AMD pc's) and peripherals.

During this project, I will work in a company where I have access to a Windows server.

I thought about making an image of the drive and restore it on every pc. however this will have conflicts with HAL and it's not a very clean way, is it?

Do you have any idea's how I could optimize this process?

Only thing you can do is install from the network. That will be the only way you can install on each PC since they are all different. Other than that you will be stuck going from machine to machine. There is no way to install XP/Vista on 50 machines that have different hardware and with the requirements you want. Sorry. I know that isnt what you want to hear.

Hmm. I could do a unattended install which automatically installs XP. I also could do a silent installation of Office 2003. But this will also take up a lot of time...

Well, I guess all little 'optimizations' will help. All idea's are appreciated... :)

edit: by the way how could I do an automatic Windows Update (and search for drivers) with an Unattended installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom