Want to build my first PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Some of the choices had bad reviews, are you sure about them all? And its no problem to come so close, I can actually probably go to about 800-850 for my budget. (I would just have to wait a little longer to build my computer)

If you feel up to it you could remake the list to the new budget or just give me advice on what I should get.

Thanks again, for the new list.

Which items had bad reviews, or which are you concerned about?

The list seems pretty solid to me... unless I made a mistake.

83% of the reviewers gave the FSP group power supply a 5 out of 5. I assume you were referring to this review

Pros: Cheap, works ok for anything but gaming.
Cons: Not a 400W power supply. It is a 350W power supply with a 400W max output. I didn't find this out until I tried to play HL2:Episode One. I have a XFX 7800GT that should play this game with no problem. But with this game and Crysis(settings on Low) It craps out after only several minutes playing.

I'm not sure if that reviewers problem was the psu or not but Newegg reviews are not always a reliable source of information. I have heard nothing but good things about FSP Group power supplies.

Ok thanks, I just wanted to be sure before I made my final decisions.
Also, is this keyboard here
worth getting? (After I have already built the computer of course.

i think you should have an AMD processor:) specialy if your going to do alot of gaming and that:)

i think you should have an AMD processor:) specialy if your going to do alot of gaming and that:)

Intel procesors are fine for gaming, in fact the Core 2 Duos perform better than Athlon X2s at eqaul clock speed. The e2180 is based off of the Core 2 Duo and is an excellent processor with lots of overclocking ability.

Yes, I'll be sticking with Intel, unless I am told(and given proof) that AMD are better. Any more suggestions before I choose aetherh4cker's suggested build?
thirdshiftdj I did see your post, but I'm not sure if all of those are good together or not, you gotta explain ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom