Sound issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixteen_dollars

Solid State Member
I recently installed a liquid cooling system in my computer and since I have the tubing running out through the bottom PCI ports, I had to move my soundcard up a PCI slot (right under my video card). Okay, so here's the issue. Lets say I start playing a song...It will start out sounding fine, but if I'm browsing on the internet and I come to a website that has a lot to load, the sound will start sounding fuzzy and distorted and will not stop unless I stop the song and completetly restart it again. I've tried shutting off the speakers and unpluging the speakers from the sound card when this happens, but it will continue unless I press stop on the song. What is the deal here? Would buying a new sound card help, like a Soundblaster X-Fi? Right now I'm using an M-Audio Revolution 5.1 card. And to be honest, it was running kind of funny when I had it at the bottom PCI slot, but not as bad as it is now. Could it possibly have something to do with being directly under my video card? PLEASE HELP! Thank you very much.

Okay, quick update!!!

I just disabled the Sensaura surround sound effect in the control panel for M-Audio and now the music is just fine. I tested it on a couple different websites (My movies on the Imdb, my Netflix queue. Both having a lot of content to load) and the sound stays perfectly stable!!! But I'm still bummed, because I need Sensaura for gaming or else the EAX effects kick in and make the sound snap crackle and pop, I hope some of you know what I'm referring to. So, any advice?

I don't think so. I mean the video card doesn't have any fans on, it's liquid cooled. So, I'm not so sure that it's putting heat on it.

you could have had a leak in your water cooling that hit a part of your sound card and it isn't letting Sensaura surround sound effect work properly (its remote but it is also possible)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom