X1900XT output malfunction? Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPL Tech

In Runtime
I have the Connect 3D ATI X1900XT video card and recently I moved to another state and I had my computer shipped with the movers. Well when I got it the video card was not in the PCI-e slot. It was still attached to the case due to the screws that hold it in place but it came out of the motherboard. Well I put it back in place and found that the video output on both channels is distorted (see pics below). I looked the motherboard and video card over and I cannot find any physical damage. I returned the video and CPU back to stock clock speeds and voltages but that had no effect on the video output.

I jiggled the video card around in the PCI-e slot to see if maybe it was a loose connection but that didn't do anything. I tried a different monitor and the output is still the same.

Any ideas?

dsc02659sw8.jpg

dsc02661cg8.jpg

I took the card out and put it back in and that dident do anything. I am filing with the movers but that could take forever and thats if they even cover it.

wow thats crazy... what about your cards warranty.. i think those are usually 2 or 3 year or something like that if its an ati company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom