Building dedicated folding machine, need suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricanflow

Golden Master
Ive got an old pc chips board with an athlon xp 2800+ and 768mb ram, just need a budget power supply, case, and gpu for folding. Ill be using an old ide harddrive as well, once i get my new sata's.

This the case i was looking at:
Ultra Silver MicroFly Aluminum Micro ATX Tower Case with Clear Sides, Front USB, FireWire and Audio Ports MFCLRSL at TigerDirect.com

And I found a guy selling one of these locally for $85, used for less than 30 days
Newegg.com - GECUBE HV195PG3-D3(RoHS) Radeon X1950PRO 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Retail

Whats a decent power supply for cheap i can get to run this machine?

I really dont see the point of these travel size PC's only reason you would use them is for a lanfest but everyone brings there personal home PC to show off anyway.

I really dont see the point of these travel size PC's only reason you would use them is for a lanfest but everyone brings there personal home PC to show off anyway.

Actually, he's making a folding rig and the small sig might be better.

I just need a cheap case really, and the board that i got already is matx, so i think that case would be a good match. basically its gonna be a folding box/server.

Hmmm, i got a tower already but it was my old rig so its a lil beat up, i might just keep it but its got a "codegen" psu so i need to get rid of that. Its actually been pretty reliable, but i dont think the x1950pro gonna like it.

Yup im already folding 24/7 on my main rig and i even got a laptop folding but i wanna throw that box in the closet and just leave it running. My closet is actually cold as **** right now, you now how it is outside. Even in the summer, my closet stays cool when closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom